ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

2 minutes ago, Eric loves Ajak said:

Moderation

ENOUGH

Not the Wonder Woman 1984 thread. Not the RT thread. Not the "verified audience" thread. None of that crap. If you can't help yourself with talking about this stuff, then leave, because I'm not taking this anymore. I'm coming down with a fever, and I really don't want to deal with this stuff on top of it.

Wow! Here’s to hoping you feel better. I will stop now. Will stay focused on the Eternals. 

3 minutes ago, Eric loves Ajak said:

I'm coming down with a fever

Sorry to hear that.  

3 minutes ago, Eric loves Ajak said:

Not the Wonder Woman 1984 thread. Not the RT thread. Not the "verified audience" thread. None of that crap. If you can't help yourself with talking about this stuff, then leave, because I'm not taking this anymore.

The WW84 digression has gone on far too long, but is this really supposed to mean that discussing Eternals’ verified audience RT score specifically would be considered off-topic to the Eternals thread? That seems like a rather bizarre standard to apply if so.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Eternal Legion said:

Sorry to hear that.  

The WW84 digression has gone on far too long, but is this really supposed to mean that discussing Eternals’ verified audience RT score specifically would be considered off-topic to the Eternals thread? That seems like a rather bizarre standard to apply if so.

Oh no that last part is technically fine. I just really, really wanted everybody to stop their yapping. Being sick and dealing with petty fanboy stuff is not an ideal combination

• Like 1

Just got out. It's not perfect (a few scenes go on too long but can't say which since they're all spoiler based) and could probably have beneiftted from tighter pacing but far from "Marvel's worst"

Legs wise: no idea where this will land. Definitely Marvel's least blockbustery film but weirdly the biggest in scale? if my audience was any indication it seemed well liked. So it could make up what it shaved off on the tracking next week, but it's hard to say. Weekdays will be helpful to measure how it's received.

I see this thread since my last post went so far up its ass, it’s now tasting spit #Headception

Some of my fellow Marvelites are being dumb and deserve ridicule. And yet still not as bad around here as as it was 5 years ago.* Those who weren’t around here 5 years ago don’t understand, like D-Day vets trying to describe Omaha Beach to kids who only know John Wayne or Tom Hanks from the movies. We’re talking the “M” word BANNED from being uttered in the SS/JL threads. That’s how toxic the Franchise War had become. 

*=Of course depending on near future (box office performance, NWH, whatever) it absolutely can get worse. And dumber.

Edited by RRA
  • Haha 1

https://letterboxd.com/destrius/list/marvel-cinematic-universe/

Eternals came in 9th out of 29 (though 9-13 are pretty interchangeable for me tbh). Honestly surprised how much I dug this, usually I tend to be in sync with US audiences on MCU movies, but definitely not so here. Thought I would have more issues with this movie, but my only major problem was just the slow start. Nearly everything else worked great. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 5