ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

I forgot to say last time cause we were discussing too many things at once but Makari and Kingo sign language battle compliments were my favorite part of the whole promo even more than romance. It's just so awesome. Glad they picked that clip for Kimmel. Reminds me of Legolas and Gimli dynamic. :bravo:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

First time I was meh on Eternals. Where are the natural colours??? 

The vfx are great but everyone is sleep walking except Makkari. 

I hope this is not representation of whole film. 

what colors did you expect with that enviroment.....and also its heavily edited like the clips usually are so i dont understand what you mean by sleep walking.I havent seen the movie and for all i know the movie could suck but i really dont get the complaints so far.

Edited by john2000
  • Like 7

49 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

The "final trailer" looked great in theaters before Shang-Chi and NTTD. YouTube's compression is bad, that's why I mostly re-watch trailers on iTunes Movie trailers.

New pic

Eternals_3.jpg

Yeah, i always download trailer from iTunes because their compressed right.

YouTube is terrible, for more grounded movies is fine, but every big CGI heavy movie looked terrible there, the colors are darker and it's somewhat pixelized. 

Sometimes i see people complaining about CGI on trailers but usually the problem is the platform compression that make everything looking cheap.

It can be ignored if you don't know that, but only need 1 trailer watched on a iTunes quality or better to see the difference.

• Like 1

They sure are hammering hard on laser-eyes guy to sell the movie -- but it's still a shade too similar to Man-of-Steel vibes.  And on colors, I notice a distinct shift upward in colors once the fanbase started complaining after the early trailer or two...  Also wouldn't be surprised if most of the action we're seeing the these trailers and clips is really all there is in the movie, and 80% of the rest is..."drama."  Will be interesting to see how it all "plays" with audiences.  Marvel is indeed taking a fairly big chance here, bigger than Shang-Chi, I would argue.  

Marvel still apparently doesn't do audience test screenings, right??

Edited by Macleod

3 minutes ago, Macleod said:

They sure are hammering hard on laser-eyes guy to sell the movie -- but it's still a shade too similar to Man-of-Steel vibes.  And on colors, I notice a distinct shift upward in colors once the fanbase started complaining after the early trailer or two...  Also wouldn't be surprised if most of the action we're seeing the these trailers and clips is really all there is in the movie, and 80% of the rest is..."drama."  Will be interesting to see how it all "plays" with audiences.  Marvel is indeed taking a fairly big chance here, bigger than Shang-Chi, I would argue.  

Marvel still apparently doesn't do audience test screenings, right??

They do internal test screenings, for general audiences they don't.

And yes, the colors changed since the teaser, but that is very common with MCU, probably because the effects is unfinished so they make it look darker a bit so CGI doesn't look bad, they're doing this for years. I doubt is because of complains since there wasn't much anyway.

And despite the ambitious thematics on the movie (for a SH movie of course), the leaked plot despite incomplete have a lot of action sequences.

• Like 1

They are hammering "Laser Eyes Guy" because people know who the actor is thanks to GOT. Just like hammering Angelina Jolie because she's a global star (and she's an important character). Also, "Laser Eyes Guy" is the male lead and the leading lady's love interest. They aren't baiting and switching here. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 6