ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

They are hammering "Laser Eyes Guy" because people know who the actor is thanks to GOT. Just like hammering Angelina Jolie because she's a global star (and she's an important character). Also, "Laser Eyes Guy" is the male lead and the leading lady's love interest. They aren't baiting and switching here. 

Good to know. I cant keep track of all the characters... 😂  I never saw Game of Thrones -- thought "Jon Snow" was a different character??  Oh, the lead guy was on Thrones, too??  Just realized that.   

2 hours ago, Macleod said:

They sure are hammering hard on laser-eyes guy to sell the movie -- but it's still a shade too similar to Man-of-Steel vibes.  And on colors, I notice a distinct shift upward in colors once the fanbase started complaining after the early trailer or two...  Also wouldn't be surprised if most of the action we're seeing the these trailers and clips is really all there is in the movie, and 80% of the rest is..."drama."  Will be interesting to see how it all "plays" with audiences.  Marvel is indeed taking a fairly big chance here, bigger than Shang-Chi, I would argue.  

Marvel still apparently doesn't do audience test screenings, right??

Lmao Eternals is going to crush it 

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

Good to know. I cant keep track of all the characters... 😂  I never saw Game of Thrones -- thought "Jon Snow" was a different character??  Oh, the lead guy was on Thrones, too??  Just realized that.   

Yes. Jon Snow was played by Kit Harrington who plays Dane on Eternals. He is human so he becomes a big Marvel kahuna in sequels.

kit-harington-1621872421.png

Kit as Jon Snow

jon-snow-rhaegar-targaryen-1554321615.jp

Richard Madden, who plays Ikaris on Eternals, played Rob Stark on GOT:

ac23d85260b6f39f9f5cb1.94844416_.jpg

Richard as Rob Stark

aac12c83360e81c6e156db9a106823e1.jpg

Madden's character exited in season 3 but it was such a spectacular episode that the character remained remembered 5 seasons later. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Dune>>>>>>>>>>>>

let's get the second half of "Dune" filmed before we talk abut the sequel novels.

I am sure on reason Warners took a expensive flyer on Dune is becuase it is a hit, they have a long running franchsie on theri hands, given how many Dune novels have been published. (I think the quality of the novels fall off the cliff after "Children" but that's another story).

Just now, Fox20 said:

Just wait for "Namor is a copy paste from Aquaman".

Other way around in the comics. Namor came out in 1939 and was ,along with the Human Torch, was  one of Marvel/Timely's comics first big hits and Aquaman was not created until 1941. (anybody who does not think that Marvel and DC don't swipe from each other is living in La La Land).

And when they remade Aquaman in the 1990's  ot get rid of the "Lame SUperhero" label he was stuck with, they made him a edgy  anti hero like Namor has always been (Namor was an out and out villian when Marvel revived him in 1962 in Fantastic Four COmics).

And it goes both ways. Black Cat in Spidey is a pretty blatent Catwoman clone.

54 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Other way around in the comics. Namor came out in 1939 and was ,along with the Human Torch, was  one of Marvel/Timely's comics first big hits and Aquaman was not created until 1941. (anybody who does not think that Marvel and DC don't swipe from each other is living in La La Land).

And when they remade Aquaman in the 1990's  ot get rid of the "Lame SUperhero" label he was stuck with, they made him a edgy  anti hero like Namor has always been (Namor was an out and out villian when Marvel revived him in 1962 in Fantastic Four COmics).

And it goes both ways. Black Cat in Spidey is a pretty blatent Catwoman clone.

I'm guessing FOX20's point was indeed that general audiences/non super-fans won't even know that Namor came first historically...they just see what gets made into movies first as an impact point.  Similar problem DUNE has, as it has inspired everything else in its genre...but its latest feature film comes post-Star Wars, post-LOTR, etc.  

But yes, many Marvel/DC characters are riffs on each other historically...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Macleod said:

I'm guessing FOX20's point was indeed that general audiences/non super-fans won't even know that Namor came first historically...they just see what gets made into movies first as an impact point.  Similar problem DUNE has, as it has inspired everything else in its genre...but its latest feature film comes post-Star Wars, post-LOTR, etc.  

Comics are like the film industry and TV; If one company has a big hit, other companies wannabes are never far behind.

Thought it is odd that Marvel and DC often have charecters in their universes whose powers are really close to each other.

Pyro and The Human Torch is another example...and in Marvel comics they have ran into each other.

40 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Yes... 

10 hours ago, Macleod said:

They sure are hammering hard on laser-eyes guy to sell the movie -- but it's still a shade too similar to Man-of-Steel vibes.  And on colors, I notice a distinct shift upward in colors once the fanbase started complaining after the early trailer or two...  Also wouldn't be surprised if most of the action we're seeing the these trailers and clips is really all there is in the movie, and 80% of the rest is..."drama."  Will be interesting to see how it all "plays" with audiences.  Marvel is indeed taking a fairly big chance here, bigger than Shang-Chi, I would argue.  

Marvel still apparently doesn't do audience test screenings, right??

“It’s MOS but people will actually like it” will be an interesting development. 

• Haha 1

I think the film is going to deal with "if the Eternaals are supposed to help defend Earth from  Threats from beyond, where the hell have they been up until now"?

I can almost see Nick Fury showing up and asking them that quesiton...