ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

54 minutes ago, Val357 said:

Soooo where are we at right now in terms of likelihood of a $100M + opening weekend for this, based on presales?

I personally consider it likely. There is some disagreement among the trackers though. After reactions bump this Monday and review bump next Monday, we should have a better sense. 

• Like 3

At this point i think it's doing 85M minimum, if something goes really wrong.

Previews should be at least 12M and no way an movie with new characters and theatrical exclusive doesn't get 7x multiplier.

But honestly, i think 13-14M previews and 7.7x previews or so is the reasonable expectation.

Compared to SC

More trailer views and likes (by a lot)

Better covid situation

More interesting story (IMO)

Better and more diverse cast

Better director

Pre sales a lot better (so far)

Feige seems to be pumping this up a lot more

More hype

75M OW maybe gets to 80 if it was a 3 day weekend.

Is all of those factors worth a 25% bump to get Eternals to 100? I think so. I am going with 110 and 325M domestic.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, AJG said:

There's a reason why we know every second of Sony's new SpiderMan but we know nothing about The Eternals

LOL, there was literally a first time poster here yesterday that dropped major Eternals spoilers. Mods removed it. 

Spoilers have been out for quite some time. The reason why people know about NWH ones is because nobody treats Tobey and Andrew as spoiler. 

Edited by Valonqar

34 minutes ago, AJG said:

There's a reason why we know every second of Sony's new SpiderMan but we know nothing about The Eternals

I mean, the full plot leaked months ago whereas we actually still don’t have one for NWH yet.

1 hour ago, Let There Be Legion said:

I mean, the full plot leaked months ago whereas we actually still don’t have one for NWH yet.

But we do. More than one. There's a number of leaks that seem to agree about the general story and some details but differ on other. Though BW and SC leaks were also about 95% accurate, not 100%, so I'd say leaks are pretty solid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

I wouldn't call that a "full plot".

It's extremelly basic written (and i'm pretty sure it's incomplete).

Full plot that leaked was WW84, everything in the movie was in the text, pretty much every scene.

That plot was leaked even before reshots on top of that.

I remember reading that the bus turned into roses from the trailers it was supossed to be turned into sand on the leaks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

That plot was leaked even before reshots on top of that.

I remember reading that the bus turned into roses from the trailers it was supossed to be turned into sand on the leaks.

still, you can see that the main story that leaked is correct. They could mishear some details or not know about minor changes such as sand to roses but the story sounds correct and that includes some big plot points. You can find them in trailers and previews. 

Edited by Valonqar

“I’m hoping that more people are

Next Big Thing: ‘Eternals’ Star Lauren Ridloff on Becoming Marvel’s First Deaf Superhero

What was the audition process like for The Eternals and Makkari? 

I didn’t audition for the role of Makkari. I was tapped, you could say. I was called for a sit-down meeting with Chloé and [producer] Nate Moore about a new untitled Marvel project. During that meeting, they introduced The Eternals to me and tried to capture the story and the people that make up the Eternals. The conversation shifted to Makkari, who Makkari was in the comics and would be in the film, but it was all broad strokes. Chloé wanted to know who I was, so we spent some time talking about my upbringing, my interests, my passions. I told Chloé my passions: reading, running, the arts. They weren’t committing to anything specific during the meeting.

I wasn’t sure what was going on — it felt like just a conversation, more along the lines of “Hey, what do you like? Who are you? We’re interested in you, maybe, for this film. Do you know anything about Eternals? Makkari? We have ideas … and here are our ideas.” I did not know much about Makkari or Jack Kirby’s Eternals before meeting with Chloé and Nate. After the meeting, I went down The Eternals rabbit hole and read as much as I could, both Jack Kirby’s version and Neil Gaiman’s version. The next time we connected, it was to offer me the role of Makkari!

How much did you get to collaborate with director Chloé Zhao on shaping your character on screen? Were any changes made from script to final cut?

It was such an honor to work with Chloé Zhao. When I started working with her, I thought one of her talents truly is interacting with people who are not professional actors. She has a lot of patience and willingness to work just to get the best performance possible. We definitely talked about Makkari and her relationship with the other characters and how she interacts with the other characters, who she’s been with for thousands and thousands of years. So, whether she would use American Sign Language or some form of another sign language. We did talk about how Makkari’s powers work with her deafness. So, if there were any changes that were made from the script to the final cut, yes, definitely, there were a lot of changes. The final cut is so different. It’s so funny because the cast actually had a hard time before we actually saw the movie agreeing on what exactly the story was going to end up being.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/lauren-ridloff-eternals-marvel-deaf-superhero-1235025797/

Edited by imbruglia