ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

pretty shitty that Marvel puts out the premiere 2 weeks before normal people can see it when they know spoilers will be everywhere. if a film has something worth spoiling over then it's premiere should be on the weekend of release like with the avengers movies imo

Edited by RealLyre

honestly the reviews are very much what I expected. "2H30M+Chloe Zhao+Marvel"

some people said facing issue, lots of people said most un-marvel marvel film for good or bad.

I wouldn't be surprised If it get less score than shang-chi (which is one of most overrated SH film).

I can see marvel fans less liking this due to less marvel-ness while critics are not that thrilled as it is still very much in marvel-ness in overall tone - marvel humor, marvel action.

it is surely not oscar contender, but just chloe zhao's nice marvel film.

Edited by imbruglia
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't really think these are as mixed as people are saying, just that the things people are praising are different than what most Marvel movies go for which is the action.

yeah. this is no different than BW/SC. lol people just want to see what they want.

and people's obsession with end credit with marvel film is as usual.

remember people said best end credit scene ever!! crowd went wild!! with SC too. lol

Edited by imbruglia
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Paul Verhoeven said:

Considering how all Marvel movies use to be received as masterpieces on day 1... and the fact that after a 2h37min movie everybody focus in the post-credits scene...

Every marvel movie gets post credits praise, don't try to turn it into negative, heck the people that did not attend to the premiere were not shown the post credits.

Shang Chi post credits were hyped to the high heavens as well... 

Edited by Fox20

3 minutes ago, imbruglia said:

yeah. this is no different than BW/SC. lol people just want to see what they want.

and people's obsession with end credit with marvel film is as usual.

remember people said best end credit scene ever!! crowd went wild!! with SC too. lol

Yeah, the big difference is that this seems to be much more character focused and less action heavy, which is why they're praising those things and not the action.

31 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

Are these actually mixed reactions though

8 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't really think these are as mixed as people are saying, just that the things people are praising are different than what most Marvel movies go for which is the action.

First time on BOT immediately following an embargo/review drop? 

===

Like it or not (and I know some very much do not) these thread titles can be... more than a little meme-y around review/social media embargo time.

Just one of the little charms of BOT. 👍