ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

Oh i'm sure he is, what bother me is the need of putting his opinions above everyone else every time, like "Eternals is bad but reviews will be positive because people will pretend it's good", to me there's nothing more annoying that people who think their opinions are inquestionable facts.

we've all been guilty of this. at least, i know i am sometimes blinded by love/hate of a movie

anyway, to me the trailers didn't look that great, but reviews are not that bad at all...it's impossible to please everyone

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

W

Shang chi was really well received around the world

Reactions for Shang Chi was incredible overall, people are VERY excited about it right after watching.

Very excited to finally see it when available on D+, i kinda need some 2 hours good fun action movie right now.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

If you have Netflix watch Bodyguard mini. He's excellent throughout but flat out amazing in the last episode. There's a scene that keeps you at the edge of your seat, you don't know what's gonna happen, thanks to his performance. 

Oh and he's the opposite of fugly.

You likely saw him the Prince Kit (internal joke) in Cinderella. Not the most memorable role but he and Lilly James had terrific chemistry. 

UltimateBriskHawk-max-1mb.gif

I thought Madden was very good (and extremely hot) in Bodyguard except for the last episode which was written and played way OTT to almost the point of parody in an otherwise mature, taught and thrilling series.

6 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I know he faced slack for BW, but probably is the one reaction to see if it is somehow average. Hopefully he hasn't gone soft after that.

You know, I'm not surprised to see this tweet after reading all the others before - it's exactly what I was thinking...

That said, having watched it, I wouldn't pay to watch Snyder's JL in theaters, so these tweets are not driving me to see Eternals there, either.  The negative view of the tweets - this is long, semi-boring, and plot messy with little action - is not likely a big sell to my kids no matter how beautiful and wonderfully shot and acted it is...

As we always say, it's a great thing Marvel has an enormous base b/c this will be huge no matter what's on screen the 1st weekend...

• Like 3

13 hours ago, john2000 said:

Apparently nothing bc its only his opinion , most of the people really liked the movie how much i really cant say though it seems more like dune than a typical mcu movie.As for the rest his comment about reviews is idiotic to say the least, people forget that critics if they really dont like a film they will just say it see venom for example, or transformers movies what about the lion king (2019) or rise of skywalker, ENOUGH with this stupid narrative that doesnt make sense.

Exactly. A Wrinkle In Time, The Lion King, Rise of Skywalker, Wonder Woman 1984 and even awards fare like The United States vs. Billie Holiday didn't get any "kiddie glove" treatment. People need to shut it with the "critics are a woke cabal" conspiracy theory. Maybe that bullshit is easier to believe than accepting that movies not targeted at you can be good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

W

Shang chi was really well received around the world

Personally found it the most overated mcu movie behind BP.

Tony leung and Akwafina were great, production design was neat but CGI and compositing was not good and it ruined some of the action sequences and the third act for me. Shangchi ain't that much of a compelling lead for the rich backstory he  is given and him akwafina playing of each other really helped. Sister and rest of the cast were meh and boring.

Bus scene was bad and the character filming the sequence on the tab was cringe.

It's still  a good movie and the best thing phase 4 has put out . It's not top 10mcu for me . Maybe 12-14 position in my ranking.

24 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I thought Madden was very good (and extremely hot) in Bodyguard except for the last episode which was written and played way OTT to almost the point of parody in an otherwise mature, taught and thrilling series.

I didn't like how it ended but I did like his acting

when he was wired with a bomb. I honestly wasn't sure whether they would blow him up. He was really good at selling the possibility that he was fucked. It's what happens after that scene that goes downhill.

23 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

You know, I'm not surprised to see this tweet after reading all the others before - it's exactly what I was thinking...

That said, having watched it, I wouldn't pay to watch Snyder's JL in theaters, so these tweets are not driving me to see Eternals there, either.  The negative view of the tweets - this is long, semi-boring, and plot messy with little action - is not likely a big sell to my kids no matter how beautiful and wonderfully shot and acted it is...

As we always say, it's a great thing Marvel has an enormous base b/c this will be huge no matter what's on screen the 1st weekend...

Aren't these also BW film's weaknesses?

26 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

i mean not everyone says that if you see the reactions , many of them saying that it hasnt that much action but as for the rest of the critism i havent found yet , that these are problems.Anyway we will see the reviews come sun

Just woke up and saw the headlines saying “mixed reactions” and thought, “aww dang, that’s unexpected.” 

Then I read the actual reactions…

THERE’S NOTHING MIXED ABOUT THESE?! Da fuq?! There’s 10 good/great reactions for every mixed/meh one!

This is still going to be 90+ RT 🙄

• Like 1

These reactions are like Marvel Premiere Mad Libs. "Different than the other movies! A bit messy but lots of fun and emotional!" I could write one of these reviews without having seen the movie. Perhaps I should, for the Twitter clout.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

Can't believe people are predicting under 80% for this. If Black Widow didn't end up under 80%, nothing will.

BW was perfectly solid, deserved 80%+. The percent is not an average score and all that

But yeah, Feige doesn't really make the sort of movie to miss on being certified fresh, so "nothing will" is pretty much correct until we get a real outlier (if it's NWH it would be hilarious to me but I doubt it).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Let There Be Legion said:

BW was perfectly solid, deserved 80%+. The percent is not an average score and all that

But yeah, Feige doesn't really make the sort of movie to miss on being certified fresh, so "nothing will" is pretty much correct until we get a real outlier (if it's NWH it would be hilarious to me but I doubt it).

I remember Will Smith saying that after Fresh Prince he sat down with his agent and they literally drew a venn diagram of what elements made a film popular, and chose the roles accordingly. I can't help but imagine Feige dissecting every single MCU movies and doing much the same.

That's a compliment, by the way. It's literally his job.

• Like 1