ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

Looking at the featurette I do get a better sense of where the reactions saying it's the most beautiful MCU movie are coming from. There are a few really stunning shots in there, much better than anything shown in the trailers. Guess I am done watching promo material, seeing those I'm hyped enough.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

Some people seem to think this might be a Mulan thing where the early reviews are positive but the official ones aren't, but the early embargo lift makes that seem incredibly unlikely.

mulan got good reviews though 73 on rt  and 66 on metacritic so ...positive ....👀

9 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

From BO perspective, reviews have zero relevance. This will open to whatever it will. I would not obsess over the reviews. 

Agreed on BO, I am more worried about reviews from the perspective of my personal enjoyment. I would be lying if I said I hadn't expected the reactions to be a bit better. 

33 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Some people seem to think this might be a Mulan thing where the early reviews are positive but the official ones aren't, but the early embargo lift makes that seem incredibly unlikely.

Mulan's problem is that it followed a silly cartoon musical and went super serious. I don't think anyone thought eternals was going to be a comedy but it does certainly seem like it's going to be a much deeper slower more methodical type of film and I'm curious to see how that translates box office wise 

Edited by cdsacken

6 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

From BO perspective, reviews have zero relevance. This will open to whatever it will. I would not obsess over the reviews. 

That's definitely not true, there's been a notable bump when the first reactions hit, there's plenty of reason to expect a similar if not greater surge when full reviews hit. There's also plenty of precedent showing that good reviews help WOM and legs.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

why is this basically opening in one territory nz/au a week before anyone else?

Don't know who told you it was coming a week before, it opens the 4th in ANZ with early screenings on the 3rd which is the same time as Europe and Asia I think and only a couple of days before the Domestic release. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

Don't know who told you it was coming a week before, it opens the 4th in ANZ with early screenings on the 3rd which is the same time as Europe and Asia I think and only a couple of days before the Domestic release. 

Miss the days of getting Marvel movies a week before everyone else 

Two tracks from the OST have been released. The Eternals Theme is decent, in the upper half of MCU themes but nothing immediately iconic like Avengers/Black Panther themes. "Across the Oceans of Time" is really good though, I wonder if this piece is a love theme for Ikaris and Sersi maybe? 

I think reviews will be kinda like Dune.

Dune received some criticism for being cold, distant, too ambiguous and innaccessible because it's so huge in scope, and of course feel like a first act.

There was some similar complains about Eternals just with a more "proper" ending, so i'm expecting similar reviews too.

Dune is at 83% with 7.7 average, i think Eternals will be around 80-85% and 7.4-7.7 average. If happens i see both as a huge win, considering how ambitious both are in scope.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Haha 1