ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

3 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

Well  I expect some otherwordly creatures will look different than humans beings on the Batman.

I'm just saying that the overall look and feel seemed a lot cheaper on Eternals. Like, a lot cheaper. I wouldn't put Eternals in the top 10 as far as effects in Marvel movies, even.

1 minute ago, famicommander said:

If that's the stuff they put in the trailer they're probably pretty proud of it, though. You don't generally advertise your movie with the rough edges.

I listened to a reaction that said most of the trailer stuff is from early in the film and also said the best visual moments are in the third act. I'm hopeful that it ends up being true.

I'm going to see the movie regardless and likely enjoy it, but I have severe doubts that it's going to look any better than it did in the trailer. And even if it does look better at points, that doesn't excuse it looking bad at other points. 

I enjoyed Black Panther quite a bit as well but it's pretty distracting that the third act climactic fight looks like a full motion video sequence from a 2004 Playstation 2 game.

4 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

imdb says Oct 28th , almost a week before Europe

IMDB is wrong! Both Event Cinemas and Hoyts, the two largest chains in the region, have it listed for November 4th. 

Event Cinemas AU - https://www.eventcinemas.com.au/Movie/Eternals#date=2021-11-03

Hoyts NZ - https://www.hoyts.co.nz/offers-events/events/eternals-advance-screening

3 hours ago, famicommander said:

I think it will turn out to be a good movie but seeing the trailer in IMAX last night, the CG is pretty cheesy in this one. Not as bad as the last act of Black Panther on that front but it looked much worse than Dune or any of the other trailers that played (Spidey, Batman, Matrix).

A lot of trailers have effects that  are not in theri finished form.

2 hours ago, Menor said:

Honestly I didn't find the visuals in the trailer to be anything bad, just nothing too special as what was hyped, as long as there's some more spectacular stuff in the actual movie I will be satisfied.

If the script and acting are good, few people will notice any weak effects unless they are really, really, cheesy.. I mean MST3K level cheesy.

Marvel's Eternals Director Chloe Zhao Explains Superman and DC Comics References (Exclusive)

"I take some responsibility for that. I think we're in the business of telling stories about mythology, and Superman, for example, comes from origin of mythology. In many different cultures, there's a form of Superman," Zhao said in an exclusive interview with ComicBook. "And the people that created Superman and the brilliant filmmakers [who] brought Superman to screen, their movies are basically, in my opinion, doing a modern interpretation of that mythology."

"It doesn't mean we can't pay tribute and have a good time with these iconic ones that we all love to so much," Zhao said. "I mean, who doesn't love Superman and Batman? Clearly our Eternals like them."

Marvel's Eternals Director Chloe Zhao Explains Superman and DC Comics References (Exclusive) (comicbook.com)

• Like 2

On 10/11/2021 at 1:49 PM, Valonqar said:

Yes, Ikaris and Sersi are the main one but there are some side romances such as Druig and Makari,  Phastos is married with a son (gay couple), and 2 other that weren't fully revealed in the previews though one is hinted at. 

Likewise, previews actually show a lot if you know what to look for. Marketing is not deceiving. It shows side threats. The main threat - what Ajak described in trailer 2 - we've only seen the side-effects of it. 

It's much more interesting than what one may think the movie's about. 

I know Ikaris and Sersi are the main couple but are the other couples developed well, like im curious about Druig and Makari, I hope they have a good storyline, I think may like them more than the main couple.

6 hours ago, Valnerd said:

I know Ikaris and Sersi are the main couple but are the other couples developed well, like im curious about Druig and Makari, I hope they have a good storyline, I think may like them more than the main couple.

The leaker didn't elaborate on the development, just mentioned who was the main couple, who was the secondary, who had unrequited feelings, who was married with a family, etc.