ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

Just now, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Yeah the early reviews aren't great but unless the trend of incoming reviews is mostly negative it'll get a positive RT. 

But the thing is, a lot of the early reviews are from the "geek" movie reviewers, who are basically trained to give good reviews in exchange for access.

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

People acting like mixed/middling reviews are going to kill presales and refund tickets. This'll still likely be the biggest DOM release till Spider-Man.

What?  No one is acting like that at all?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TestPattern said:

But the thing is, a lot of the early reviews are from the "geek" movie reviewers, who are basically trained to give good reviews in exchange for access.

What? All the earliest reviews are the trades like Deadline, THR, and big outlets like the BBC.

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

What?  No one is acting like that at all?

There were some people saying it's so under Shang-Chi now.

• Like 1

Just now, Madhuvan said:

I think this might actually end up rotten. 

Anyways big lesson for Marvel. Shang-Chi remains highly acclaimed and will probably end up the best received CBM of 2021 Audience and Critics opinion combined

If Thor 2 somehow didn't get a rotten, I can't see this doing that much worse.

• Like 2

Just now, Madhuvan said:

I think this might actually end up rotten. 

Anyways big lesson for Marvel. Shang-Chi remains highly acclaimed and will probably end up the best received CBM of 2021 Audience and Critics opinion combined

what lesson ? not every movie will click the same way to everyone

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

People acting like mixed/middling reviews are going to kill presales and refund tickets. This'll still likely be the biggest DOM release till Spider-Man.

That’ll burn Film Twitter’s biscuits.

Just now, TestPattern said:

This is giving me snobby 

Also no its about 70% official publication and 30% "geek" reviews who have a hive mind and have to give good reviews always.

1 minute ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

kevin-feige-kevin-feige-stare.gif

Feige definitely has those eyes of a real Taskmaster when things don't go his way.  😂   He puts on a brilliant PR game in public, but make no mistake, he will right the ship quickly behind the scenes, should things not go over well with this movie overall...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Last Man Standing said:

I refuse to believe this is worse than Black Widow. I have to assume this is backlash to the "MCU BP contender" talk, that gave critics very high expectaations.

Totally agree with you. High expectations always lead to this.

1 minute ago, Last Man Standing said:

I refuse to believe this is worse than Black Widow. I have to assume this is backlash to the "MCU BP contender" talk, that gave critics very high expectaations.

Or just general MCU backlash because that’s the Cinema Anti-Christ at the moment and hey this is their first real opponent to take them down a peg or two?

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

What? All the earliest reviews are the trades like Deadline, THR, and big outlets like the BBC.

There were some people saying it's so under Shang-Chi now.

One person. And, yes, DOM TOTAL.  That's a function of WOM/reception not pre-sales.