ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

5 minutes ago, Menor said:

NWH is critic-proof, considering what's in the movie, it's almost impossible for it to get bad WOM. Will almost certainly be better received than Eternals, unless Eternals really surprises with WOM somehow. Shang-Chi is a taller target though, at least in the West, but I expect NWH to have the best WW reception considering it will probably be better received in Asia. 

Speaking of... I bet China's Wumao Bot Agents are prepping their narratives right now for publication in proaganda outlets!  

"Traitor Zhao Stumbles in U.S. as 'Eternals' Fails to Generate Harmonious Result"

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, john2000 said:

some of the reviews are weird wtf is this

You walk out in the depressing realization that you've just seen one of the more interesting movies Marvel will ever make, and hopefully the least interesting one Chloé Zhao will ever make.

This makes perfect sense to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

i mean ok but  i cant understand if he didnt liked it bc he thought it wasnt good ? or bc it wasnt a good chloe zhao movie ? 

Clouded expectations, both fanboy-generated and from Award-winning filmmakers.  Oscar-winners can do that to small minds.  😂

Edited by Macleod

1 minute ago, belblazer said:

Shocked that Scott (Forbes) gave a 4/10.

he gave same score to Black widow, while 8/10 for shang-chi.

his recent score are interesting. 7/10 for dear evan hansen, 4/10 for candy man, 5/10 for 007 NTD, 6/10 for Snake Eyes, 7/10 for Reminiscence, 7/10 for Tomorrow War.

13 minutes ago, john2000 said:

some of the reviews are weird wtf is this

You walk out in the depressing realization that you've just seen one of the more interesting movies Marvel will ever make, and hopefully the least interesting one Chloé Zhao will ever make.

OMG, yes! I was thinking the same. WTF does that even mean? 

giphy-downsized.gif

Edited by Valonqar

4 minutes ago, john2000 said:

i mean ok but  i cant understand if he didnt liked it bc he thought it wasnt good ? or bc it wasnt a good chloe zhao movie ? 

Apparently the full review reads more positively, according to Metacritic at least, where the review has been assigned a '70', one of the higher rated reviews, as opposed to RT's rotten designation. I understand what he means in his quote, so I'd be interested in reading his full review if it wasn't behind a paywall.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BeastByTheBay said:

Surprised Perri gave it a Rotten. She usually gives most CBMs a Fresh score even if she doesn't really like it.

it seems like there're lots of okay-meh review from usual marvel friendly people.

while it doesn't really get that much love from more serious critics.

so it just going nowhere.

• Like 1

Just now, Macleod said:

Seriously wonder if the "Spider-Man: Far From Home" PR barrage this coming week was planned on purpose as a counterpoint as Feige knew this might get "mixed" reviews.  Never underestimate the Feige-factor!  🤣  

is it 2019?

1 minute ago, Macleod said:

Seriously wonder if the "Spider-Man: Far From Home" PR barrage this coming week was planned on purpose as a counterpoint as Feige knew this might get "mixed" reviews.  Never underestimate the Feige-factor!  🤣  

... It's a 72%, nobody cares that much.

SM comes in 2 months, it's getting some marketing because it's time.