ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

6 hours ago, cax16 said:

I’m not going to speak for anyone else but I appreciate VA posts cause he’s always honest about what he knows and what he doesn’t. He doesn’t have a site making money from clicks so having some info that I’d normally never see is fun, even if his JL post from years ago broke my heart lol. 

Yes and he speak After all this month. 🤡 

2 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

I mean, she did said there was test screening for both NWH and DS2 when she give these infos. Everyone throws shit at her only to hours later a photo leaked after the test screening of NWH confirming it.

ViewerAnon looked it and have the same information.

I understand Grace is messy, starts unnecessary chaos, have terrible takes on box office numbers, and like all insiders she have wrong info sometimes. But at this point people throw disproportionate hate into her, not everything she say is a lie, recently she actually get some pretty big things right. Of course everything must be taken with a grain of salt but this is for every "insider" not only her.

And like i said she didn't say anything terrible, she just said they need more time to settle everything because the story it's not flowing that well right now and they give this extra time. I wouldn't be surprised with this given the ridiculous deadlines Marvel works.

I’m sorry but I can’t agree with this. Grace is not an ‘insider’ in any capacity. She steals info from smaller sites and passes it as her own. She may know some people in the industry but her ‘scoops’ are always 90% wrong.

She also likes to create false narratives like with the Cathy Yan situation saying it was a ‘dick pic’ and Pedro Pascal left the set of the Mandalorian. Neither which was true. This is her plan with the supposed ‘test screenings’. 

She needs to keep her followers who are paying her bills interested by lying to them. That’s her game. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Definitely the worst MCU movie I've seen in ages. Was a surprisingly dull movie to watch in my opinion. The performances were okay I guess and some nice use of light in some scenes (Zhao's handiwork only pops up there and in the restrained dialogue). The plot felt overcomplicated while feeling incoherent. Meh. 

Wow, it really is that bad. 

To think that few weeks ago couple of fanboys were getting really annoyed and offended that people didn't take Eternals Oscar chances seriously lmao. 

Delusion is a powerful drug. 

• Like 3
  • Knock It Off 1

Not sure RT score is all that indicative of quality. Shang Chi is at 92% and it was pretty average. Cloud Atlas, the best movie of the 2010s, is 66% and was labeled by Time Magazine as the worst movie of the year. As long as this isn’t generic, I’ll probably enjoy it. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, exomassey said:

I’m sorry but I can’t agree with this. Grace is not an ‘insider’ in any capacity. She steals info from smaller sites and passes it as her own. She may know some people in the industry but her ‘scoops’ are always 90% wrong.

She also likes to create false narratives like with the Cathy Yan situation saying it was a ‘dick pic’ and Pedro Pascal left the set of the Mandalorian. Neither which was true. This is her plan with the supposed ‘test screenings’. 

She needs to keep her followers who are paying her bills interested by lying to them. That’s her game. 

It reminds me of how people used to defend Jeremy Conrad until his downfall. Douche bag Manchild bigot, but Marvel redditt would go “hey he gets some scoops!” Maybe just me but why such endorse/defend trash? Life and self-respect are both in short supply.

28 minutes ago, lab276 said:

Not sure RT score is all that indicative of quality. Shang Chi is at 92% and it was pretty average. Cloud Atlas, the best movie of the 2010s, is 66% and was labeled by Time Magazine as the worst movie of the year. As long as this isn’t generic, I’ll probably enjoy it. 

Cloud atlas was shit 

Edited by TJ Killer
  • Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

3 hours ago, Last Man Standing said:

Has a CBM you anticipated ever gotten a RT score so low you started questioning systemic power structures?

OT but what Larson said years ago which triggered a lot of (well not many but very very vocal) folks was pretty accurate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lab276 said:

you lost me at cloud atlas being the best movie of the 2010s. what the f?

Edited by Halba

main Q - will this trend to rotten? currently 71% and a lot of bad reviews still to come. its going to be close.  Rotten is 58%. its only 13% above with plenty of bad reviews, could even be rotten or slightly fresh at best(low 60s).

This is easily the worst MCU film EVER!!!

What was Feige thinking hiring Zhao.

Edited by Halba

1 hour ago, RRA said:

OT but what Larson said years ago which triggered a lot of (well not many but very very vocal) folks was pretty accurate. 

No it wasn't. AWIT was a bad movie period. Disney tried the Ghostbusters spin (blame men - using social justice to defend a movie that cannot be defended on film-making grounds) and it didn't work including cause the same male critics were more than welcome when they were (over)praising BP just a month earlier. So massive double standard there. 

It's very easy to open RT and check who is giving Eternals negative reviews:

3 Hispanic Men

3 women

1 Asian man

So 7 out of 12 rotten reviews weren't written by white men.

Among positive ones, only Mama's Geeky/Geeky Mama raved (5/5) the rest of women gave "A for an effort but effort ain't enough" type of reviews. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Some of these reviews read like negatives but then at the end it says 6/10 and enters as fresh on RT. The MCU pass is real.

Don’t worry. The first wave always lean positive as most of them attended the premiere.

This film will go rotten as more reviews come in. The next few critics won’t be as lenient.

• Like 1