ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Oh CJohn, it might not even surpass Black Widow with the sales dropoff it's having. The long runtime is going to limit shows going into Thanksgiving too.

This is nothing short of disastrous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

You mean that shot of a Dune screening that someone lied about being Spider-Man?

The test screening happen, it was confirmed by several people.

She also said they will reshoot parts of DS2 because they're having problems while editing, wanna know what just came out?

• Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

I thought this thread seemed too sedate yesterday. Wouldn't be a below-expectations review drop without the meltdowns. 

Hide contents

Seriously, people, it's one day. Give it a few before declaring doom. 

80% reviews? 100M locked

73%? Yeah i'm dropping my prediction from 100M to under Shang Chi.

The reviews aren't exciting to bump the sales so we just have to wait, i really doubt people will simply give up on watching because of rotten tomatoes this is ridiculous.

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Oh CJohn, it might not even surpass Black Widow with the sales dropoff it's having. The long runtime is going to limit shows going into Thanksgiving too.

SC also had zero competition for a month. People underestimate how big of a deal that is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

i mean we are talking about one day only......how about we wait some days to see how it goes..

Edited by john2000

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm not jumping on the doom and gloom train quite yet (like @Menor said, it's been one day, c'mon now), but I was thinking to myself that the runtime IS a consideration for previews (which is all I track).

Let There Be Carnage:    1:37

Shang-Chi:                    2:12

Black Widow:                 2:14

Eternals:                        2:37 (ish)

Two of these aren't like the others (in both directions).  While 22 minutes more isn't that much, it's probs close enough to the 30 minute mark to start mattering.  Especially in an era of theater staffing concerns.

• Like 3

Now my comment about not jumping on the doom and gloom train notwithstanding, I'd be lying if I said that the soft review bounce wasn't noteworthy.  But the term I'd use is noteworthy, especially as it had a fairly strong embargo bounce.  

How much of the review bounce was already eaten by the embargo bounce just a few days before?

That being said... I'm not in love with its current pace against Black Widow ticket sales locally (I say pace coz a direct comp suffers a bit due to differing length of pre-sales).

Want to see a few more days of data before really baking in my thoughts, and they probably belong in the tracking thread and not here anyway.  But... Well, that's where my, concern is a bit of a strong word but I'll use it, is and not so much with the review bounce (or lack there of).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Now my comment about not jumping on the doom and gloom train notwithstanding, I'd be lying if I said that the soft review bounce wasn't noteworthy.  But the term I'd use is noteworthy, especially as it had a fairly strong embargo bounce.  

How much of the review bounce was already eaten by the embargo bounce just a few days before?

That being said... I'm not in love with its current pace against Black Widow ticket sales locally (I say pace coz a direct comp suffers a bit due to differing length of pre-sales).

Want to see a few more days of data before really baking in my thoughts, and they probably belong in the tracking thread and not here anyway.  But... Well, that's where my, concern is a bit of a strong word but I'll use it, is and not so much with the review bounce (or lack there of).

i mean until yesterday the comp was basically increasing every day, anyways lets see how it continues... 

7 hours ago, exomassey said:

Don’t worry. The first wave always lean positive as most of them attended the premiere.

This film will go rotten as more reviews come in. The next few critics won’t be as lenient.

You do seem to be anxious for this to fail. Better bet this wont go rotten. Shang-Chi opened at 94RT and ended with 92RT. Also. The movie seems very divisive. It could go either way. Up or down. Or  just stay in the low 70s even. People here seem to just wanna focus on the bad. Just want to remind everyone that Joker is at 68RT. 59 Metacritic. 

Joker reviews bash on its writting and being a Scorcese movie wannabe. 

What do Eternals and Joker have in common? They are artsy movies. They are... very outside the box. Both bold and. ambitious. 

BUT. The audience received Joker really well actually. 

Eternals score could go to any direction. Its to divisive to predict

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

i mean until yesterday the comp was basically increasing every day, anyways lets see how it continues... 

That's why I said pace, as the differing length in pre-sale window is skewing the comps of both BW and SC.