ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

1 minute ago, Danhjpn said:

What do you mean? Those are % audience from the verified accounts in RT I just checked? Did I miss something?

In late May 2019, RT started requiring users to show ticket stubs before they could rate a movie. It drastically cut down on review bombing and made the audience score correlate very well with other metrics. Scores from before then are not reliable since many are review bombed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Menor said:

In late May 2019, RT started requiring users to show ticket stubs before they could rate a movie. It drastically cut down on review bombing and made the audience score correlate very well with other metrics. Scores from before then are not reliable since many are review bombed. 

oh didn't know about that. 

So the % of audiences (86%) and critics (52%) for the Skywalker are not real?  

1 minute ago, Danhjpn said:

oh didn't know about that. 

So the % of audiences (86%) and critics (52%) for the Skywalker are not real?  

For TROS, both the critic score and audience are reliable. The TLJ critic score is reliable too, the issue here is the review bombing of TLJ's audience score. 

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

For TROS, both the critic score and audience are reliable. The TLJ critic score is reliable too, the issue here is the review bombing of TLJ's audience score. 

But The Last Jedi derailed the Star Wars franchise at the box office, doesn't that mean audience response was indeed negative like the RT score suggests? (It's a genuine question, I wasn't very active on the forum from Justice League until more recently, so I didn't follow its box office run)

8 minutes ago, Menor said:

More like  a few in question which where bombed.

23 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Thinking 550-600M without China.

Just don't see this making 350m OS china. based on my dom prediction.

475m-550m. I'm leaning more towards 500m+ .475m is incase OW collapses in like BW (yeah know D+) and dom legs are weak.

250m dom

275-300m OS.

Edited by Liiviig 1998

17 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

More like  a few in question which where bombed.

Actually, many big blockbusters from the early 2000s are bombed as well, for some weird reason. Many of them with a suspiciously similar 30 millionish votes. Though RT has stopped showing the number beyond "250,000+", but I remember looking through it last year and being surprised just how many early 2000s movies were hit. 

after reading +60 reviews, I'm more interested in this film. 

sounds like very much "cloud atlas" situation.  (66% RT/ 48% top critics)

you will like it if you get into that world building and characters, especially "emotions".

maybe interstellar too which has strong emotion elements. (72% RT / 65% top critics)

Edited by imbruglia

4 minutes ago, imbruglia said:

you will like it if you get into that world building and characters, especially "emotions".

maybe interstellar too which has strong emotion elements. (72% RT / 65% top critics)

Intersetllar is clearly the case where the audiences gave the middle finger into the critics face lol 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, imbruglia said:

Chloe said she was inspired by Interstellar, maybe critics saw this and decide to give similar reviews.

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Chloe said she was inspired by Interstellar, maybe critics saw this and decide to give similar reviews.

Interstellar has a very great legs (>4x legs) in DOM and very good OS total gross too. 

Edited by Danhjpn

5 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Top critic side is just getting really brutal 5.5/10 avg and now it's rotten at 58%. MC could go down more.

Man this reviews have been interesting 🍿.

Once second you feel it's safe for 70-75% then they are times when you feel this could go below TDW or rotten 

OT NGL...I'm a fan of TDW. I unironically enjoy that romp, even if you can tell it was tinkered heavily in post and certainly one of the weakest MCU joints. The villain blows, wasting Eccleston (though the Dark Elves are dressed like something Doctor Who would've cobbled together on the cheap...but this was a big budget movie?) and I've always wondered how things would've gone if the alleged original ending with Loki biting the dust for real had gone through.  But through and through, I would go to bat for that one.