ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

7 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

In general, romance in superhero movies are really bad or a waste of time with the rare exception of the the first CAP and first Wonder Woman.

TDW, IM2, FFH, MOS, and TDK being recent examples.

Yes, but it mainly because in those movie (common superhero movie formula), action and fighting are the main aspect. This one seems not focus much on that.  

26 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Pissed tha Disney allowed reviews so early. Now we are going to have 10 more days of this BS until we get the flood of reviews on release day to get the true RT score, whether good or bad.

Imagine how Potterheads felt when CoG was screened two weeks early.

I'd say count your blessings. 

Edited by Noctis
  • Like 1

Seems like Zhao already have some ideas for the sequel, i think she's going to back.

"What I loved about making this film is that it tied so close to the origin of the MCU is also going to have a big repercussion moving MCU forward. With those two as secured, we get to play and do whatever we want and make a stand strong standalone film and leave everything on the table. I would be back in a second working with the team at Marvel for sure. So we'll see."

https://www.slashfilm.com/642868/eternals-2-chloe-zhao-is-ready-to-direct-a-sequel/?utm_campaign=clip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What i found most intriguing is that they talk about Star Wars and she say this:

When asked if she would ever consider directing a "Star Wars" movie, Zhao replied that she would "do anything Kevin asked [her] to do." 

Seems like talks about it happened since Feige will produce for SW too. To me it looks like he really like her (and Eternals), even if the movie ended up rotten i suspect he will simply ignore it because he seems to love the movie and enjoy working with her. Next time they just need to be more careful about the script, since her direction on this movie is being very well received.

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

In general, romance in superhero movies are really bad or a waste of time with the rare exception of the the first CAP and first Wonder Woman.

TDW, IM2, FFH, MOS, and TDK being recent examples.

I was actually worried when they said that romance would be the main focus of the film.

Re mixed reviews: Even the best batter can't hit a home run everytime they are up.

Film will still do fine at the box office.

MCU fans have become a bit spoiled imho and expect every MArvel studio film to get a really good critical reception. Just ain't gonna happen.

Just looking at some tweets of critics I follow and expect a good few more Rotten reviews. It just really seems that this film does not work. Rolling Stones just called it a ‘bore’.

I bet Marvel wasn’t really expecting this reaction or they wouldn’t have dropped the embargo this early.

The worst thing though is the media headlines from some of biggest news sites saying the film is boring and a misfire, when it’s more of a mixed bag for now. 

Will see how audiences react but this negative media attention does not help.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, exomassey said:

Just looking at some tweets of critics I follow and expect a good few more Rotten reviews. It just really seems that this film does not work. Rolling Stones just called it a ‘bore’.

I bet Marvel wasn’t really expecting this reaction or they wouldn’t have dropped the embargo this early.

The worst thing though is the media headlines from some of biggest news sites saying the film is boring and a misfire, when it’s more of a mixed bag for now. 

Will see how audiences react but this negative media attention does not help.

its all objective to some people it clicked to other it didnt , idk why need to say the same thing over again

I am amused by people boasting about how they never read the critics for fear of having their opinions about a movie  impacted, but then ssem to hang on every word the fanboy sites say. Disconnect much?

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, famicommander said:

If Age of Ultron isn't Rotten then I have no faith in the system at all.

And this is coming from someone whose all-time favorite television show is Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Joss botched up AoU something fierce.

Lmao AoU was fine.

• Like 1