Jump to content
ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Barnack said:

 

The reactions

https://in.mashable.com/entertainment/25415/early-reviews-of-eternals-are-calling-it-the-best-marvel-superhero-project-yet

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/eternals-first-reactions-an-ambitious-visually-stunning-epic-full-of-surprises/

 

Did feel like it would be low (if the early reaction does not make a movie like that sound like one of the best movies of the last decade, that mean that people commenting have a lot of reserve)

 

Are you saying that if the movie do well commercially and is liked enough by the audience Marvel will not throw forget that franchise and rather do some adjustment to it ?

yeah, though my comment was refering to some users who said that just bc the film reviews are overly positive  marvel will let out the eternals :?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just think it's safe to say that Marvel won't be taking any big risks with the formula again anytime soon.

 

I wonder if maybe Oscar winners and the MCU just doesn't mix. I seem to remember Brie Larson winning an Oscar and ending up being one of the weakest MCU leads.

Edited by poweranimals
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

I just think it's safe to say that Marvel won't be taking any big risks with the formula again anytime soon.

based on what ? the box office that we have yet to see or the audience reception that we also have yet to see ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

I just think it's safe to say that Marvel won't be taking any big risks with the formula again anytime soon.

 

I wonder if maybe Oscar winners and the MCU just doesn't mix. I seem to remember Brie Larson winning an Oscar and ending up being one of the weakest MCU leads.

CM was poorly written, what Brie Larson have to do with that?

 

It's nearly impossible to make a fun reletable character when she pass 2/3 of the movie in underdeveloped identity crisis.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, poweranimals said:

I just think it's safe to say that Marvel won't be taking any big risks with the formula again anytime soon.

The Winter Soilder and GOTG were risks and they were huge successes.

 

But the issue with Eternals seems to be it is overly long and the 10(?) main chracters is too much?

 

So critics like it when the style is changed up but not when it becomes too complex?

 

It is a miracle the first Avengers still worked, having solo movies first was really smart.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, poweranimals said:

I mean it is the worst reviewed MCU movie critically. At the very least it's not a good sign and not a good look if it goes rotten. 

again and ? if your worst movie is at 66 then you are doing something right, its avg score its in the low tier mcu movie for the critics, not that it matters i dont really know how it will be perceived by the audience but i would imagine that at worse it will be a low tier mcu movie along with antman 2,cap marvel etc for most people.The critic rating isnt really that much of a sign though joker and aquaman had mixed-positive scores yet the audience loved them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

The Winter Soilder and GOTG were risks and they were huge successes.

 

But the issue with Eternals seems to be it is overly long and the 10(?) main chracters is too much?

 

So critics like it when the style is changed up but not when it becomes too complex?

 

It is a miracle the first Avengers still worked, having solo movies first was really smart.

 

also the avengers are 5 , the eternals are 10 LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After i thinking about it maybe its a miracle that eternals work out as well as they did, you have to introduce 10 characters in one movie, character that arent known from before and arent introduced then on top of that add all the huge lore that the movie has to cover and also add the villains, yeah this could be way more messy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it will go rotten, and doesn't matter what happen after that, these characters won't be throwed away.

 

Honestly this doom and gloom is getting tiresome, this isn't the first MCU movie to be received with criticism.

 

Based on what i read i do think audience reception won't be anything special, still nothing suggests an underperformance, probably just won't reach it's full potential. And based on the reviews the real problem of the movie is the script, editing and the gigantic scope, it's not the direction itself, much less the actors and their characters.

 

The worst thing that can happen is they're changing the tone the next time like they did numerous times before.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

also the avengers are 5 , the eternals are 10 LOL

The first Avengers was one of the biggest risks of all time. No one knew if it would work putting so many heroes from different franchises togeter. But in hindsight seeing them meet each other, argue, then fight together was something everyone wanted to see.

 

The chemistry between the Eternals might not be as strong as the Avengers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I think it will go rotten, and doesn't matter what happen after that, these characters won't be throwed away.

 

Honestly this doom and gloom is getting tiresome, this isn't the first MCU movie to be received with criticism.

 

Based on what i read i do think audience reception won't be anything special, still nothing suggests an underperformance, probably just won't reach it's full potential. And based on the reviews the real problem of the movie is the script, editing and the gigantic scope, it's not the direction itself, much less the actors and their characters.

 

The worst thing that can happen is they're changing the tone the next time like they did numerous times before.

 

i dont think that this is going rotten, if venom didnt (and i really liked venom)

 

 

liked dune same case here the sequel would be different either way,bc the lore and the characters are already established now

Edited by john2000
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At least a rotten mcu flick is gonna be really interesting to watch from a spectator standpoint with no horse in the race, I wonder how its fans will react to the movie next week

 

And the beirdos are already calling it another go woke go broke bomb so theres that.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

I mean it is the worst reviewed MCU movie critically. At the very least it's not a good sign and not a good look if it goes rotten. 

Maybe still early Seem in line with Thor 2, Iron man 2

https://www.metacritic.com/company/marvel-studios?filter-options=movies&num_items=30&sort_options=metascore

 

But I think review score have been creeping up since then, so you could be right.

 

28 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

I wonder if maybe Oscar winners and the MCU just doesn't mix. I seem to remember Brie Larson winning an Oscar and ending up being one of the weakest MCU leads.

Considering how ridiculously well Captain Marvel did I am not sure about that example, Ang Lee maybe (reverse order but still so close) ?

 

Blanchett, Paltrow will see for Portman return, Tomei.

 

I think the more general rules is more the simple does strong director and/or writer mix well

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

So dropping the review embargo early is going to be a huge mistake. Critics that want to see MCU fail are going to keep piling on the negative reviews until this hit rotten on RT.

Yes the critics must obviously hate Marvel, that’s why Shang Chi did over 90% on RT.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

So dropping the review embargo early is going to be a huge mistake. Critics that want to see MCU fail are going to keep piling on the negative reviews until this hit rotten on RT.

This is pretty absurd.

 

If anything, reviewers are way too lenient on MCU films so that they'll continue to get early access to them and generate web traffic.

 

That's why half the reviews for this movie read like they hated it but still have a fresh tomato.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.