ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

2 minutes ago, imbruglia said:

South Korea critic reviews are pretty much same score as BW and SC.  just as I suspected it,..

RT critics are doing too much as usual for performative click bait.

Doubtful.  Why just the clickbait for this film instead of the others?  There are clearly reasons why a lot of critics may have not liked the film. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

Doubtful.  Why just the clickbait for this film instead of the others?  There are clearly reasons why a lot of critics may have not liked the film. 

because there were lots of people on film twitter hating this for "over a year", not just random people but big cinephile accounts, blue checks, critics.

they've been overly harsh with this. "let's see marvel's cinema lol!!" "marvle is trying to get oscar smh!" "having sunset is not cinema".

you can see that in some of that rotten reviews. 

I'm not saying it should be +80% or +7 film. but the RT are definitely getting down-weighted by those section of critics.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, imbruglia said:

South Korea critic reviews are pretty much same score as BW and SC.  just as I suspected it,..

RT critics are doing too much as usual for performative click bait.

So it is good or bad? I didnt follow BW and SC critics review there....

29 minutes ago, imbruglia said:

because there were lots of people on film twitter hating this for "over a year", not just random people but big cinephile accounts, blue checks, critics.

they've been overly harsh with this. "let's see marvel's cinema lol!!" "marvle is trying to get oscar smh!" "having sunset is not cinema".

you can see that in some of that rotten reviews. 

I'm not saying it should be +80% or +7 film. but the RT are definitely getting down-weighted by those section of critics.

like.. you can see the tone in there. "sell out", "cinema" (as in "marvel is not cinema")

"A friendly word to future directors who take on the superhero genre: If you’re going to sell out your artistic integrity, just sell it and hope to buy it back with your next movie. Don’t pretend"

from 1/4 star review.

"it's doing all the things proper cinema does, even though none of them bring any discernible benefit whatsoever to the film at hand."

from 2/5 review

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

3 hours ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

It's definitely trending to end up rotten.  I'm guessing mid-50s is where it will end up.

The discourse on this will be... interesting.  ("Will Marvel stop taking chances?" "Will Feige give less leeway to talented directors?" Tune in and find out!)

Eager to see if Feige figures they can work out the kinks and deliver more of a crowd-pleaser with Zhao in a sequel, or if they agree they gave it their best effort and move on to other things.

At the very least, you have to figure another Eternals film is not going to be on any fast track (especially if the legs collapse after OW).  Maybe they're featured in other films (or even an Avengers film) that is well-liked and then you give it another go.

You’re a little late. The discourse (at least at BOT) is rather muted compared to say 2016. Theories been given as to why. 

24 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Reactions here in Brazil seems pretty good too.

It's always like it when it comes to superhero movies (because most of the first reactions are from superhero friendly people), it's better to wait for reviews (from both audience and critics), the only ones I've seen so far are from the C7nema site (which rated 1.5/5) and site Nerdbunker who gave a positive review, you know more reviews from other sites? I looked and didn't find it.

I wonder what TF Kevin Feige was thinking with this movie ? I get it Chloe Zao won best director, and there was definite momentum coming of that.  

Aside from that, Eternals looks like a pile of shit(I haven’t seen the movie, but even the trailers were sh*tty). 

At least the whole film critics = ‘Disney shills’ argument will die a quick death with Eternals going rotten.

18 minutes ago, RRA said:

You’re a little late. The discourse (at least at BOT) is rather muted compared to say 2016. Theories been given as to why. 

They should bring back the Fanboy Wars Threads, when DC gets good again.   

Presumably around March of next Year.   :jeb!: