ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

37 minutes ago, RRA said:

Or to use your own logic, critics weren’t “lenient” but they just liked those movies more?

Gotta admit, countering conspiracy theories against critics by conjuring one up against them is novel.

By lenient I don't mean some of the movies should be bad or rotten  ofcorse with exception of TDW.

Some scores can be quite inflated

BP was still good but not that level of good.

BW. They accuse eternals of being a mess yet BW editing was all over the place esp some action scenes ,third act was both narrative and cgi mess that should have knocked it to mid 60s.

A&tW. This sequel didn't progress much from the first one ,wasted wasp(evangeline lily was one of the best parts of the first  movie) and rehashed plots(stuff with the daughter. Ghost villians was lame. 88% was high for this.

CM is the most by the numbers MCU movie I've seen. Mid 60s

Dr strange has nice visuals but the story esp to do with the villians are so bland. 89% was high for this.

yeah I know RT is an aggregator site which is the problem and can really inflate scores. If it would switch to MC style it would be better.

• Knock It Off 1

What’s happening in here? lol

If the movies a mess, it’s a mess. Sometimes things don’t work out. If you look at the reviews a lot of them say the same negative things.

Sometimes Marvel movies get a pass if they’re at least fun but I think this movie just took itself too seriously.

I was going to see it 1st weekend but now? I’ll wait for Disney+, I suspect that is what a lot of people are doing and why ticket sales are slumping after poor reviews.

There were supposed to be 4 films directed by women in 2020 before the pandemic hit. All but one got delayed. It was supposed to be the year of the woman when it comes to CBMs with many boasting women not only as the director but also writers and composers and other usually male dominated jobs.

Birds of Prey

Wonder Woman 84

Black Widow

Eternals

maybe better luck next time?

5 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

There were supposed to be 4 films directed by women in 2020 before the pandemic hit. All but one got delayed. It was supposed to be the year of the woman when it comes to CBMs with many boasting women not only as the director but also writers and composers and other usually male dominated jobs.

Birds of Prey

Wonder Woman 84

Black Widow

Eternals

maybe better luck next time?

I didn’t want to say anything but did notice this a while ago. Pretty unfortunate coincidence. Mulan was another blockbuster including on those sorts of year of woman director articles 😆

Edited by Avatar Legion
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Avatar Legion said:

I didn’t want to say anything but did notice this a while ago. Pretty unfortunate coincidence. Mulan was another blockbuster including on those sorts of year of woman director articles 😆

Fingers crossed for Nia DaCosta but the only one I really disliked was WW84 anyways. 

• Like 3

Mad that thousands of people let themselves get hung up on the opinion of like...60 people. If you saw the trailer and were interested, go see it and form your opinion. You're watching a movie not critic scores. Never understood the energy of doubting your own desires because of someone else's opinion. I wasn't interested in Loki so I didn't watch it. I was always going to see Eternals just cos the MCU has on a base level kept me relatively entertained and I'm a fan of Richard and Kit. Even TDW that is the fandom scapegoat wasn't unwatchable to me idk, or maybe my bar is low for some things.

Regardless everyone will be fine if this doesn't have 90% fresh or a 120m OW. I think there's people who have made this universe their personality and take anything but praise personally, and others who are hungry to see it fail because reasons and both are weird.

5 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Just to clarify, my sadness/grief is for the dud pre-sales in last one week. 

I mean so are many of us, hopefully it picks up in the final week.Maybe the reason it didnt bump this week is in a big part bc of the reviews ,not only the movie didnt get a review bump like bw or sh but many headlines and post make it seem like the movie is a big trash so that also afffected the pace probably.Anyways final week can save this i think , lets see.

Just now, john2000 said:

I mean so are many of us, hopefully it picks up in the final week.Maybe the reason it didnt bump this week is in a big part bc of the reviews ,not only the movie didnt get a review bump like bw or sh but many headlines and post make it seem like the movie is a big trash so that also afffected the pace probably.Anyways final week can save this i think , lets see.

Frankly I didn't like the pace from day 2 onward but I was hoping it is due to busy current market with films doing well.