ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

3 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

What else are these websites for? They need clicks and catchy headlines. Either way things need to get exaggerated.  Reviews are in the lowest tier of Marvel movies at this stage, buts let see how it goes is not really a catchy headline is it?

Everytime the movie had a good review you were highlighting it. When the numbers were good you were posting it ad nauseum. You go down that path you have to accept the good with the bad

when exactly did i ever did that ? i posted only once the reviews the day that they started to drop and posted here the ones that i could find, other than that i never posted or highlight anything really from that day onwards.By all means check my comments, i think you will find 2-3 posts at best that were about the score and those were for the day 1 only.

Edited by john2000

Just now, Firepower said:

Considering MCU has a separate RT scale from other movies, it's not that far from the truth.

Except that nobody watched it, it's extremelly bizarre getting this conclusions based on a score.

I like RT, i think it's helpful, even funny sometimes... But when it comes for MCU seems like it's a bible about what is good and what isn't which i find it weird.

13 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

What else are these websites for? They need clicks and catchy headlines. Either way things need to get exaggeated.  Reviews are in the lowest tier of Marvel movies at this stage, buts let see how it goes is not really a catchy headline is it?

My objection is more to the idea that VARIETY is the oldest trade in the business...and they should be better than this.  But they aren't anymore, because yeah, they have to survive like anyone else...and they, Deadline, THR are all essentially now owned by the same people (look it up).  ::throws hands up::

46 minutes ago, john2000 said:

? justice league ? same thing applies here be it marvel or dc or whatever, other than the first time you report the scores i dont think that there is a point to keep reporting every days and i am not talking specifically about variety here.Oh well media do their job i guess....

ps i never said anything about hiding scores.

How many articles Variety has about Eternals RT? I see just 1?

43 minutes ago, john2000 said:

when exactly did i ever did that ? i posted only once the reviews the day that they started to drop and posted here the ones that i could find, other than that i never posted or highlight anything really from that day onwards.By all means check my comments, i think you will find 2-3 posts at best that were about the score and those were for the day 1 only.

I looked through your posts.

You posted a number of positive reviews. Dismissed a number of negative reviews as "they did not make sense". Posted figures for RT and Metacritic repeatedly . Said its to early to post numbers then posted numbers when figures were ok. Then repeated all of this a few times. 

I mean come on. Just take a deep breath and relax. Marvel will be fine. 

If you want I will quote you and make a long post but is that necessary?  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ronin46 said:

I looked through your posts.

You posted a number of positive reviews. Dismissed a number of negative reviews as "they did not make sense". Posted figures for RT and Metacritic repeatedly . Said its to early to post numbers then posted numbers when figures were ok. Then repeated all of this a few times. 

I mean come on. Just take a deep breath and relax. Marvel will be fine. 

If you want I will quote you and make a long post but is that necessary?  

it is, the reviews that i posted were honestly those that just popped up on my twitter feed, as for the "not make sense" i really meant that i really didnt get some of the complains that maybe was in part of how they expressed them though.Like i said i did post the score but only for the day 1 if i remember corretly and also if you remember they day 1 reviews dropped to 71 and then suddenly increased to 76 something that usually doesnt happen ,so i thought that maybe the score was bound to go up, that clearly didnt happen and after that i didnt post about them again.As for the rest i mean, you really think that i am upset about some critics ratings ? i just express my thoughts nothing more then score could be 30 for all i care.

12 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Are you saying Variety should not report this bcos Deadline reported it? no offense but that is beyond ridiculous. 

my point is that i dont think that there is some huge story here, at the end of the day its just a movie.

5 minutes ago, john2000 said:

it is, the reviews that i posted were honestly those that just popped up on my twitter feed, as for the "not make sense" i really meant that i really didnt get some of the complains that maybe was in part of how they expressed them though.Like i said i did post the score but only for the day 1 if i remember corretly and also if you remember they day 1 reviews dropped to 71 and then suddenly increased to 76 something that usually doesnt happen ,so i thought that maybe the score was bound to go up, that clearly didnt happen and after that i didnt post about them again.As for the rest i mean, you really think that i am upset about some critics ratings ? i just express my thoughts nothing more then score could be 30 for all i care.

Here is a selection of your posts on Eternals. 

the funny thing is that some not all but some of these headlines dont even reflect the actual review (they still didnt like it but not like the headline said)

some of the reviews are weird on rt , i mean some that are fresh maybe should be rotten and the opposite, for example one of the latest reviews is in spanish and is a rotten review and yet if you read the actual review the verdict is basically that while is a little dissapointing its still a good movie , yet its rotten ? lol.I see that a lot on rt in general and is confusing.

is it realle necessary to make posts about every single review coming ? metacritic has at least  another 30 reviews to add in while rt has another 250 at least.

now 52 last one  was fresh.

Review posted

An ambitious superhero epic that soars more often than it strains, Eternals takes the MCU in intriguing -- and occasionally confounding -- new directions

indeed and the headlines didnt help either , if someone were to read the headlines only he would think that the score was 50 lol, i am not saying that reviews are GREAT mind you but not like the headlines are make out to be either.

75 on rt now and 6,3 avg

review posted

Today’s was the  press screening Overall the critics salute the risk taken, Chloé Zhao’s style, the humanity/ambition/epicness & the different approach from the rest of the MCU

i mean we are talking about one day only......how about we wait some days to see how it goes..

make up for what ? eternals have positive reactions and as for bw you may not like it but the movie also has good critic/audience ratings.

btw i wont say that the reactions havent failed the expectations but seeing the title you would really think that instead of 74 and 61 the movie got 52 and 45 🤣

she said that the movies had some story issues though i cant see how that relates to eterrnals

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/review-eternals/ very informative review

oh i agree with that, just confused why he had it rotten

i mean ok but i cant understand if he didnt liked it bc he thought it wasnt good ? or bc it wasnt a good chloe zhao movie ?

• Astonished 1

All I know is, a low critics RT score has never hurt a blockbuster film's box office (TLK 2019, Aladdin 2019, Venom, etc). It's the audience WOM that will make or break this. 

Currently I'm thinking something like...

$83m Dom OW
$215m Dom Total 
$447m WW Total 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ronin46 said:

Here is a selection of your posts on Eternals. 

the funny thing is that some not all but some of these headlines dont even reflect the actual review (they still didnt like it but not like the headline said)

some of the reviews are weird on rt , i mean some that are fresh maybe should be rotten and the opposite, for example one of the latest reviews is in spanish and is a rotten review and yet if you read the actual review the verdict is basically that while is a little dissapointing its still a good movie , yet its rotten ? lol.I see that a lot on rt in general and is confusing.

is it realle necessary to make posts about every single review coming ? metacritic has at least  another 30 reviews to add in while rt has another 250 at least.

now 52 last one  was fresh.

Review posted

An ambitious superhero epic that soars more often than it strains, Eternals takes the MCU in intriguing -- and occasionally confounding -- new directions

indeed and the headlines didnt help either , if someone were to read the headlines only he would think that the score was 50 lol, i am not saying that reviews are GREAT mind you but not like the headlines are make out to be either.

75 on rt now and 6,3 avg

review posted

Today’s was the  press screening Overall the critics salute the risk taken, Chloé Zhao’s style, the humanity/ambition/epicness & the different approach from the rest of the MCU

i mean we are talking about one day only......how about we wait some days to see how it goes..

make up for what ? eternals have positive reactions and as for bw you may not like it but the movie also has good critic/audience ratings.

btw i wont say that the reactions havent failed the expectations but seeing the title you would really think that instead of 74 and 61 the movie got 52 and 45 🤣

she said that the movies had some story issues though i cant see how that relates to eterrnals

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/review-eternals/ very informative review

oh i agree with that, just confused why he had it rotten

i mean ok but i cant understand if he didnt liked it bc he thought it wasnt good ? or bc it wasnt a good chloe zhao movie ?

dude i will say this and leave it be, i myself said that the reviews that i posted were then ones that popped up from my twitter feed from those i followed, as for the rest of the comment were answer to some other users/conversations thats it.If you have any more posts just send them to my private message so we can continue this there.

2 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

All I know is, a low critics RT score has never hurt a blockbuster film's box office (TLK 2019, Aladdin 2019, Venom, etc). It's the audience WOM that will make or break this. 

Currently I'm thinking something like...

$83m Dom OW
$215m Dom Total 
$447m WW Total 

500-550 mill imo, os will probably be way bigger than shang chis, but i wouldnt really be suprised you maybe be right but if what some other people have said on the os threads hold true then os will probably be like 300 sans china.Like you said it depends on the WOM it could very well fall off a cliff even with a big os ow.

1 minute ago, andersonhoran said:

FC5HzCpX0AQt1EP?format=jpg&name=900x900

Rotten manipulating the score. :pcwhack:

I hate to prolong this but it has been posted gazillion times that RT does not put the review as fresh or rotten. The reviewer himself does it. That is why one 3/5 could be fresh and other 3.5/5 could be rotten. 

Still taking a bigger picture Enjoy the movie guys. RT does not matter. Maybe use RT to keep expectations low and you could be pleasantly surprised. 

• Like 1