ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

7 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

You’ve seen it?

No, but neither has anyone on here, but the divide in reviews is pretty clear: "highbrow" critics hate it, "lowbrow" critics like it. And "lowbrow" tends to be more in line with audiences.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I got penalty points from the mods for saying critics looked at Eternals this way, so I guess that bit of vindication is good

If this is true:

if Eternals didn’t have to become a Marvel movie, really might have been interesting—but they have to take time to address why they didn’t fight Thanos and they have to mention the Avengers.

How would one to not look at it that way and ask themselve would it not have been better without the added bloat (same for black widow),

19 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I still think critics didn't give this a fair shake. I think we're about to see a dissonance between critic and audience scores.

Still think this is coming in mid 80s which alone is a large dissonance with a B+ CS . A- at best .

But that will still make it among the weakest recieved movies  in the mcu.

But the critics didn't give it a fair shake?. That's quite an assumption to make without seeing the movie?

Will this be the worst movie in the mcu .No .even most of the negative reviews are not calling it that. They are calling it a dissapointment.

General criticism that the plot is messy even from the positive ones.  Generic deviants and your typical mcu ending.

This movie swings for something grander and better but it doesn't quite stick the landing is what I'm getting from the reviews.

15 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

No, but neither has anyone on here, but the divide in reviews is pretty clear: "highbrow" critics hate it, "lowbrow" critics like it. And "lowbrow" tends to be more in line with audiences.

Yet most of the low brow critics are giving it  3/5 scores which is passable .

The general reviews I've seen on youtube are generally eeh  it's ok.

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

I still think critics didn't give this a fair shake. I think we're about to see a dissonance between critic and audience scores.

42 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

You’ve seen it?

38 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

No

The internet in beautiful summation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, JonahVex said:

Kumail took roids just to shoot lasers in a movie that might be mediocre smh

How do ya'll know he took roids? Are you saying it was physically impossible for him to bulk up like that?   

I'm pretty sure it's achievable with a world class trainer and diet. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I am not sure about exact time  or if he took steroids but 40 ain't too much. 3/5 I shared are above 50 while 4th is above 45.

He gained an obscene amount of lean muscle in a very short amount of time, so he either has the best genetics in human history or he's on something (or many things)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TMP said:

He gained an obscene amount of lean muscle in a very short amount of time, so he either has the best genetics in human history or he's on something (or many things)

Checking his Insta, seems like July 2019-Dec 2019. Dec 2019 was when he posted that pic. Is that enough time or not?

26 minutes ago, TMP said:

Not in the time span he achieved it, especially since he's over 40

Guess "diet and exercise" also explain the gigantic head and jaw growth as well. To be clear I'm not "shaming" anyone, just making the obvious observation that he's on HGH.

• Like 5