ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

And with his record, it's not like Disney is going to get rid of Feige because he has a failure. That happens to everybody in Hollywood, and Disney Execs are very aware of this. As I said, it would be like firing Tom Brady because he has a bad day and loses a game.

And if Disney was insane enough to do this, Feige could make a deal and pretty much write his own ticket at any studio in town.

OT but this reminds me of when certain SW fans felt assured that Kennedy was getting fired* after TLJ/Solo/TROS and…(1) here we are. 

*=Even Trace Dandruff reported on that at one point. 

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

And with his record, it's not like Disney is going to get rid of Feige because he has a failure. That happens to everybody in Hollywood, and Disney Execs are very aware of this. As I said, it would be like firing Tom Brady because he has a bad day and loses a game.

And if Disney was insane enough to do this, Feige could make a deal and pretty much write his own ticket at any studio in town.

Feige's position was vulnerable back in the day when Thor Dark World was considered as a failure, but now, I don't think so, with Spiderman's nostalgia storm is around the corner, soon people will forget about Eternals' "failure". If even BOT members enjoy this film then I guess the casual viewers might let it too, which will let to the "Critics' opinion differs from the General audience's" situation.

18 minutes ago, RRA said:

OT but this reminds me of when certain SW fans felt assured that Kennedy was getting fired* after TLJ/Solo/TROS and…(1) here we are. 

They're different cases, most Marvel fans love Feige, while SW fanboys have resented KK since the day she became the president of Lucasfilm, no probably before, might be when they just heard about the news that Lucas was gonna pass the position to KK when he wanted to retire.

13 minutes ago, honeycookiez said:

Feige's position was vulnerable back in the day when Thor Dark World was considered as a failure, but now, I don't think so, with Spiderman's nostalgia storm is around the corner, soon people will forget about Eternals' "failure". If even BOT members enjoy this film then I guess the casual viewers might let it too, which will let to the "Critics' opinion differs from the General audience's" situation.

They're different cases, most Marvel fans love Feige, while SW fanboys have resented KK since the day she became the president of Lucasfilm, no probably before, might be when they just heard about the news that Lucas was gonna pass the position to KK when he wanted to retire.

The point I was making is if she who had a more precarious position could survive, King Kevin will be fine.

A thing about MCU that some folks hate, the never ending hype machine for the newest thing around the corner with frequent new stuff coming out, helps here. We have Hawkeye later this month, and hey Spidey for Xmas. Potentially something negative that could fester, fans will be too busy/distracted about other stuff. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, RRA said:

Well that's because that was stupid even then, but even dumber with Feige. Aside from the CEO Feige may be the single most important person at Disney.

• Like 3

Disney looking at a $75m opening domestically according to Bloomberg. 

source: https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb/disney-estimates-75-million-u-s-opening-for-eternals-film

Should be worth noting most of the time Disney are conservative but occasionally the number is in line or too high. 

Don't know if this has already been posted and don't feel like reading through all this Rotten Tomatoes bullshit discourse, so apologies in advance if this a repost. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Everyday i saw at least 5 reccomended YouTube videos talking about the rotten tomatoes for this movie.

It really is a big thing. At least next time maybe it won't became a circus.

Not seen the first thing about any of this outside this message board I think. Big is quite relative here.

Bad Box office and crowd reaction, would be a giant story in comparison I feel like.

If you go do a vox pop in a baseball stadium asking them what they think about a critics were not enthusiast over a 200m action movie blockbuster.......

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

I hope the mods are ready for these upcoming weekend threads. :sparta:

75mil opening would be solid for this. We'll see what the WOM is like. 

You can find locals predicting 100 for some reason. 

I'm not worried about OW, its the legs. 

16 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

Yikes. Now I totally get it about mixed reviews. 

See the latest Eternals clip. Don't do Bollywood/Indian representation if you don't even know what you are doing. 

The song is in English and dance has no energy at all. 

Kingo say cut like wtf...

There are choreographers do all that stuff. 

6 hours ago, RRA said:

She would be fired if she didn't have such huge connections in the industry, anybody else would be fired after those results.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 3
  • Knock It Off 1

2 hours ago, imbruglia said:

bad audience reaction in S.Korea. (Venom 2 level so far)

now I'm expecting B on Cinema Score or even less.

Yikes, I'm reading their reactions on Naver and Twitter, it definitely doesn't look good. They've pointed out some weaknesses:
- There are too many characters and not enough time to explain them, so they can't empathize with the emotional lines between the characters.

- The story is all over the place, it makes you feel stressed and also feel bored at the same time.
- The atmosphere of the film is dark and dull, which might make you fall asleep if you watch it at late-night screenings.
(These 2 points remind them of .....Batman v Superman)

- Action scenes look cool and unique but the film has too many talking and explaining scenes, so they don't feel engaging.

- Don Lee didn't have many things to do, some even joke that it looked like Zhao saw Don Lee's significant scenes in his other action films (bitch slapping other characters) and decided to cast him.

Surprisingly, Eternals attracts more female moviegoers than other superheroes films, but it doesn't have a redemption point for them to keep talking about (at least Shang Chi had Tony Leung)

Edited by honeycookiez

12 minutes ago, Firepower said:

She would be fired if she didn't have such huge connections in the industry, anybody else would be fired after those results.

Does she? I doubt her old boss Steven could save her if Chapek or whoever at Disney wanted her dispatched. 

2 minutes ago, honeycookiez said:

Yikes, I'm reading their reactions on Naver and Twitter, it definitely doesn't look good. They've pointed out some weaknesses:
- There are too many characters and not enough time to explain them, so they can't empathize with the emotional lines between the characters.

- The story is all over the place, it makes you feel stressed and also feel bored at the same time.
- The atmosphere of the film is dark and dull, which might make you fall asleep if you watch it at late-night screenings.
(There 2 points remind them of .....Batman v Superman)

- Action scenes look cool and unique but the film has too many talking and explaining scenes, so they don't feel engaging.

- Don Lee didn't have many things to do, some even joke that it looked like Zhao saw Don Lee's significant scenes in his other action films (bitch slapping other characters) and decided to cast him.

Surprisingly, Eternals attracts more female moviegoers than other superheroes films, but it doesn't have a redemption point for them to keep talking about (at least Shang Chi had Tony Leung)

When you're being compared to BVS, you're in deep doodoo.