ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

I would've defended this movie like Shang-Chi but recent clips have been left me wondering about the quality of this movie myself. 

I can't believe a Studio with 23 movies in will make such mistakes. These are mistakes that could have been easily avoided. 

If they wanted to represent India, shouldn't they have hired someone from India to help Zhao get it right? 

20 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

I would've defended this movie like Shang-Chi but recent clips have been left me wondering about the quality of this movie myself. 

I can't believe a Studio with 23 movies in will make such mistakes. These are mistakes that could have been easily avoided. 

If they wanted to represent India, shouldn't they have hired someone from India to help Zhao get it right? 

Even the greats trip. It happens. As much as my generation will always adore Spielberg for his greatest hits, he also did Hook.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RRA said:

When you're being compared to BVS, you're in deep doodoo. 

I recall getting dog piled on here when my reaction to the second trailer was “looks like a Zack Snyder Marvel movie”. Lots of not cool reactions and such. and now the movie’s out and his name sure does keep coming up a lot huh. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, RRA said:

Even the greats trip. It happens. As much as my generation will always adore Spielberg for his greatest hits, he also did Hook.

Hook is awesome...

Wow, just looked up the critic reviews for Hook. That is shocking to me. I thought at worst people would view it as fun fluff. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RRA said:

Yeah but looking at that "Bollywood" scene...I mean it doesn't take much effort at all to hire some Indian consultant who would immediately realize that it was off. Or just watch a Bollywood movie...I have hardly even watched any, just clips, but man. 

Edited by Menor

1 hour ago, efialtes76 said:

Hook is amazing...

For sure is, if someone hasn't seen it I highly recommend. Under that fun fluff, and perhaps outdated exterior,  are also deeper ideas about childhood and adulthood, of their goods and bads, and how we unfortunately forget what it was like to be a kid, at least the joyful and empowering parts.

Peter and Wendy "twist" was also hard but part of life. The whole movie is dancing on the edge of sorrow and joy for what it is to grow up.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

RT is dropping fast . 54 now . This could end up in the 40s if the bleeding doesn't stop.

Once that boulder starts rolling downhill there’s sometimes a herd effect. It is going to need a group critics to start rolling it uphill. 

Anyway, hope folks will just go see the movie with tempered expectations. I really like Jolie, Hayek and Madden, so I will see it and judge for myself. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

all the people who have been celebrating marvel getting its first rotten movie on RT from critics are going to be disappointed when Eternals opens to 75M-100M this weekend.

No, they're gonna celebrate it drop to somewhere under 50s after opening weekend.

16 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

all the people who have been celebrating marvel getting its first rotten movie on RT from critics are going to be disappointed when Eternals opens to 75M-100M this weekend.

Opening weekend was always going to be 70m+ it's the legs we are curious abt. 100m has been dead a while now .highest I saw it after reviews was low 90s.

22 hours ago, exomassey said:

I honestly think it’s just that this Zhao and Marvel collaboration didn’t really work. I don’t think anyone is really to blame.

I think Marvel did try to do something different with Zhao and also wanted to make an MCU movie but the finished result did just not work.

Proving that transfer from cinema to theme park department is not as straightforward and seamless as people think 

• Like 2