ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

4 minutes ago, john2000 said:

Not only in korea , audience ratings so far in hk and france are very decent

HK aggregate reviews are not very good on Wmoov as well as HKmovie6..

Don't forget today is opening day and there is a fan rush.. will see how scores normalize going forward.

14 minutes ago, andersonhoran said:

Deadline say in the article that it’s been revised down from $80m because of the reviews. 

This reason for seeing the film is so specific lol: “94% are excited to see the film’s use of real, exotic locations (instead of CGI green screens).”

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TigerPaw said:

Don't forget today is opening day and there is a fan rush.. will see how scores normalize going forward.

the sample sizes on those website are often big enough? 

2 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Forgot that it relesead today there

For now the rating is in the same ballpark as that of shang chi ,if it remains the same i would imagine that this would be decent enough

Edited by john2000

3 minutes ago, john2000 said:

Forgot that it relesead today there

For now the rating is in the same ballpark as that of shang chi ,if it remains the same i would imagine that this would be decent enough

Shang Chi's ratings are pretty bad; not a good comparison as there were people upset with the lead looking like Mr Xi.

WoM on the street is above average though.

Usually HKmovie6 is a quite a good measure for WoM but not for SC... if Eternals have same score as SC, that is not good at all.

3.9 - 4.4 should be the target..

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Every movie is ultimately needless, what a dumb discussion.

I was going to say something in those vein, but the statement being What makes something in a huge cinematic universe needless and I think I understood what is meant by that, a tv episode need to advance the story or reveal character type of thing

1 hour ago, Last Man Standing said:

Looks like it won't just be the critics who are mixed on this:

And maybe the government starting this week to share free discount coupons for cinema goers up to $2.4m weekly in South Korea might fuel more than a bit the numbers over there. 

16 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Keep those critics aside. They just speak cheap things &write bad/unnecessary review/conclusion only to suppress anticipation. Never follow critics, just enjoy your weekend with your own choice &review

Nothing but blind praise of a film should be allowed.

Yeah, right..

Funny, the way you feel about critcis is the way I feel about fanboys.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr Terrific said:

I think some people hate the MCU in the same way people hate Alabama football. 
Eternals figures to be like Alabama losing to Texas A&M. It is meaningful and if you’re sick of Bama, it’s a win. 
It doesn’t mean Alabama isn’t still Alabama. 
So, too much celebration or analysis of it can get silly. 

What the fuck is Alabama football? Rednecks kicking a ball for an hour in the name of Trump and family values?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

8 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

I would've defended this movie like Shang-Chi but recent clips have been left me wondering about the quality of this movie myself. 

I can't believe a Studio with 23 movies in will make such mistakes. These are mistakes that could have been easily avoided. 

If they wanted to represent India, shouldn't they have hired someone from India to help Zhao get it right? 

Experienced people make mistakes all the time. It's the law of averages; sooner or later you are going to blow it now matter how good you are.

Still amazed people expect anybody to get a home run every time they come to bat. Best batter in the world will strike out on occasion. 

4 hours ago, JonahVex said:

It might open to 75-90 million but will it have good legs like Shang-Chi did or will it be more Venom 2 like in that regards?

That is the big question. I think the Marvel Studiio brand can get you a good opening, but can't get you good WOM or legs if the film is not very good.

• Like 2