ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

6 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

It's too early to use letterboxed it just at 53 reviews .

B.W 3.4 1.6k

Shangchi 3.8 858.

Blackwidow was around 3.5 on its opening weekend .

There is still alot of room  for the score to swing. But doubt it will move by much.

Wait what?

eternals.png

That number is not reviews buddy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Sounds like a Chloe Zhao fan... we need to know how G.A and not fans feel as well.

I'm sure they'll also be down for 20 minutes of Kingo laying pipe from the director of Nomadland and 2001: A Space Odyssey.

First of all sorry for my english 

NO SPOILER opinion from Eternals
a unique movie in the MCU. he takes his time to introduce and deepen making every Eternal speak and this is the great strength, the characters.

A more serious film than the usual Marvel film that deals with and questions profound themes.
The action scenes are not many but they are all well managed, not at the level of Shang chi but equally super enjoyable. The final fight is really well done.

The direction of Zhao is of quality, beautiful landscapes while disappointing the soundtrack of Ramin.
I found some jokes excessive precisely because the film is more serious. I also noticed a bit of slowness in the second act but it recovers very well in the third.

A different film, many may not like it because it is atypical for the MCU, I hope there can be a second chapter with Zhao l but in my heart so that (maybe) it will be difficult.
In fact, we talk a lot and do less, isn't it funny like Shang chi and this has scared the critics overseas?
I do not know what grade to give it, maybe a second vision will succeed

Ikaria, Phastos, Druig and Thena are my favorites

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I’ve seen it and it’s alright.

The movie is a bit long though and does have a lot of plot and characters to handle, so not everything works imo.

Its not an offensively bad film like Fant4stic or other superhero movies like that. I think the main problem is that it lacks a bit of personality. It’s just lacks that thing that made the Avengers and GOTG special.

However there is a part of the film that has to be one of the worst exposition dumps I’ve ever seen lol.

• Thanks 1

I don't think reception is gonna be awful tbh. I was expecting a really slow film after all the reviews. It's long and characters aren't as fleshed out as they could be but I could see the average MCU fan digging it. Guess we'll see how this weekend plays out, weak reviews could end up helping people's opinions like mine.

So no Fresh RT score, generally muddled at best critical consensus, but tracking is up and reception from international audiences seems more positive than critics. Kind of a coin flip on what the word of mouth will be on this but the only way to really find out is just to wait a week and see how the legs look.

Edited by SpiderByte

On 11/3/2021 at 1:15 PM, Ohana said:

GoT actors are jinxing every high profile movie they take part in: 

Gods of Egypt - Nikolaj Coster-Waldau: 15% on RT
Terminator Genisys - Emilia Clarke: 27% on RT
Seventh Son - Kit Harington: 12% on RT
The New Mutants - Maisie Williams: 35% on RT
X-Men Apocalypse - Sophie Turner: 47% on RT
The Predator (2018) - Alfie Allen: 32% on RT

I think Eternals could've stayed fresh if only one ex-GoT actor was in it, but with two of them? 😦 

The one giant hole in this theory, though: Jason Momoa went on to become one of the biggest movie stars of today.

(Also, Peter Dinklage, Gwendoline Christie and Nathalie Emmanuel had a significant role in the greatest movies of the X-Men, Star Wars and Fast & Furious franchises) :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The one giant hole in this theory, though: Jason Momoa went on to become one of the biggest movie stars of today.

(Also, Peter Dinklage, Gwendoline Christie and Nathalie Emmanuel had a significant role in the greatest movies of the X-Men, Star Wars and Fast & Furious franchises) :ph34r:

Are you saying this is unscientific??!

No Way What GIF

22 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Im not a huge fan of Cap Marvel movie so i prefer Eternals

Well I'm not ecstatic about it but it's better than about 7 or 8 of them. I think the first time I saw I had it like 11th, probably more like 14th. I had it higher because my daughter liked it!

I mean let's be real. I like my little the pony movie. Like actually like because I saw it twice with my kiddo and she LOVED it.

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

I can't believe I forgot Momoa lmao. Yeah nobody could argue that Aquaman was a "cursed" movie in any department.