ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

18 minutes ago, Menor said:

I would love to see A-, but unlikely with just 86%. I would want it to go up a couple of points before predicting that. 

not really antman and the wasp got a- with 75 on rt.... while black widow got a- with 91 score.

Edited by john2000

6 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Sorry but i dont understand Why this movie has a lower score than Captain Marvel, Antman 1/2, Iron man2, Thor 2, Cap1, Doc Strange.

well 🤷🏼‍♂️

Makes zero sense. I maintain it is Zhao's name that has caused this schism.

• Like 2

I saw Eternals last night, I didn’t like it, but on the flip side, I don’t think it’s as bad as the critics are saying. The opening of the movie(first 15 minutes/no spoilers) kinda rubbed me the wrong way, I could never really get into the movie after it. A lot of the GA will like it. A clear huge step down from Shang Chi. I liked venom 2 more as well.

Why would Zhao's involvement hurt the film's reception? I can't think of any other director that would be more primed for good reviews all other things being equal.

Maybe people are looking at it backwards: many mediocre MCU movies should have had worse reviews in the first place, on par with this and not making it an outlier.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

49% on Rotten Tomatoes now with 241 reviews.

Top Critics 44%. 

Probably 150+ reviews to come. 

People on here were saying an A- wasn’t good for Black Widow in July (an A- is good), so it’ll be interesting to see how people react to this. 

It is really satisfied to witness the big gap between critics and audiences. I love it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

49% on Rotten Tomatoes now with 241 reviews.

Top Critics 44%. 

Probably 150+ reviews to come. 

People on here were saying an A- wasn’t good for Black Widow in July (an A- is good), so it’ll be interesting to see how people react to this. 

Expectations gap. A- is decent but with BW's reviews I was thinking it had a shot at A. Here I would be pleasantly surprised by an A- given the reviews and early verified score.

• Like 2

I almost skipped Eternals because of RT and went with the lowest expectations. Guess what? it is in the upper tier of MCU for me. It has its flows but it is a solid entertaining movie. I dont understand how some  lower tier MCU movies having an +80% RT and Eternals at 50%!!?

I will never trust RT again. Besides artsy movies; RT is so biased.

Will have my second viewing on Sunday.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

it sucks that eternals got banned in some countries but most fans seem to like it, so much for the first rotten mcu film :rofl:.  

critics reviews for blockbusters continue to be meaningless.

It is meaningful since general audience WOM is meh. I sense there will be a disconnect between the MCU fanbase and general audiences for this.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Finnick said:

I almost skipped Eternals because of RT and went with the lowest expectations. Guess what? it is in the upper tier of MCU for me. It has its flows but it is a solid entertaining movie. I dont understand how some  lower tier MCU movies having an +80% RT and Eternals at 50%!!?

I will never trust RT again. Besides artsy movies; RT is so biased.

Will have my second viewing on Sunday.

i dont get it ether, more than half of the MCU movies should be rotten.

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Citics don't have any hidden agenda, they review and score films how they see and like them and this one apparently they like much less than most of the others. 

And it's ok to like a medicore, even bad films, many average films were, are and will be popular with mass audience. 😉

Edited by Cap
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 2

2 minutes ago, Movie nerd said:

Aww look at you guys, Marvel fanboys now taking a page from Zack Snyder stans playbook, suddenly, after a decade of hyping up Marvel films with RT scores, critics and Rotten Tomatoes don't matter now lolr

Citics doesn't have any hidden agenda, they review and score films how they see and like them and this one apparently they like much less than most of the others. 

And it's ok to like a medicore, even bad films, many average films were, are and will be popular with mass audience. 😉

Eh. If I like the film, I won't consider it liking a bad film, rather I will consider it that other people are disliking a good film. But we will see in a few hours. I'm hoping I land on the positive end of things.