ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

6 hours ago, Valonqar said:

she was up for Piper (whoever that is).

The casting sheet makes it sound like the Eternal usually known as Sprite (immortal child, eventually gave rise to legends/stories such as Peter Pan, powers were centered around illusions).

Edited by Horner

Just now, Frozen said:

So what was the whole thing about them searching for an openly gay character for the lead, played by an out actor? That isn't true it seems. Or did they get cold feet?

A lot of things can happen with Richard Madden by then.

5 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

A lot of things can happen with Richard Madden by then.

His character is straight. Richard is likely bisexual and will remain a glass closeted/I don't discuss my personal life type. 

The gay/bi character was Hercules and they didn't cast him. I think we can say the rumor is untrue now.

1 hour ago, Frozen said:

His character is straight. Richard is likely bisexual and will remain a glass closeted/I don't discuss my personal life type. 

The gay/bi character was Hercules and they didn't cast him. I think we can say the rumor is untrue now.

Marvel likely doesn't want any of the drama that will inevitably ensue. They're already being experimental with Valkyrie being the new "King" of Asgard.

1 hour ago, Frozen said:

Oh, was it a gay character too?

Anyway I still think Richard can still come out by then and Marvel is just waiting for him to be ready for it. He's basically out already.

At least they seem to be more open with Valkyrie in the next Thor, baby steps. 

I think the gay character rumours were false for this. They are making such a big deal about Valkyrie being queer but this is coming out before Thor 4. Not that I wouldn't like it but I really doubt Marvel would make the only white male lead character gay in their unknown property. Knowing Marvel his character will probably have a romance with Jolie or Ridlof's characters. 

Edited by ban1o

there're still some casting to go. those are not final.

[�IMG]

Asian gay thing was legit as it was on casting sheet and did audition.

+ villian and human role. it's huge team movie.

and the "lead" doesn't mean the lead we know. it's more of overall casting term.

so everyone in main team is called lead.

Edited by imbruglia

Has any star in history maintained being an A-List actor without being in a single actively indisputably good movie than Angelina Jolie?

25 year career, 20 of it as an A-list actor. Plenty of Ok movies, but no actual good ones. 

Heck, the closest is Kung Fu Panda in which she has, like, 5 lines. The next is Girl, Interrupted which is essentially a made-for-tv movie with above-average writing.

Anyway, Eternals remains a little ambiguous for me, but Marvel has more than earned the right to the benefit of the doubt. 

23 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

Has any star in history maintained being an A-List actor without being in a single actively indisputably good movie than Angelina Jolie?

25 year career, 20 of it as an A-list actor. Plenty of Ok movies, but no actual good ones. 

Heck, the closest is Kung Fu Panda in which she has, like, 5 lines. The next is Girl, Interrupted which is essentially a made-for-tv movie with above-average writing.

She's the A list star with the worst resume. Truly baffling