ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

Why would Zhao's involvement hurt the film's reception? I can't think of any other director that would be more primed for good reviews all other things being equal.

Maybe people are looking at it backwards: many mediocre MCU movies should have had worse reviews in the first place, on par with this and not making it an outlier.

One would expect consistency from critics. Actually you're right, they have no consistency, I think it is backwards.

The most recent blurb added to RT:

Nov 5, 2021
It's both nowhere near as bad as the Rotten Tomatoes discourse would have you believe and also nowhere near as exemplary as the rabid fan base's dogmatic defenses online may have warranted.

So now RT critics are referencing RT in their reviews, which are then posted to RT. We have reached the RT singularity.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 1

9 hours ago, eddyxx said:

How was Richard Madden?

Actually I didn't realise he was this handsome in every film he was in before this, I didn't even realise he was in 1917. Anyway, He look like a handsomer Sebastian Stan to the point that I wish they can just replace his face on those poorly done CGI scenes .   

9 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

The most recent blurb added to RT:

Nov 5, 2021
It's both nowhere near as bad as the Rotten Tomatoes discourse would have you believe and also nowhere near as exemplary as the rabid fan base's dogmatic defenses online may have warranted.

So now RT critics are referencing RT in their reviews, which are then posted to RT. We have reached the RT singularity.

We need an RT for RT reviews so people can know who is the best critic.

• Haha 1

So I watched it and I loved it, it's 2.5h but I wish it was longer. Top 10 MCU for sure. Then I thought that maybe I'm a MCU fanboy or maybe expectations were too low but my wife also liked it and she is only a casual. I read the comments from people here in Spain and everyone seems to be liking it, more than the critics. Is it only because of the low expectations?

Anyway, I'm thinking of rewatching it next weekend.

• Like 3