ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

1 hour ago, Lion Roar said:

What? I require elaboration. And a link. 

That is the beauty of fan fiction and the multiverse. No elaboration. Just thinking that Sersi deserves a non-trash man and how fun it would be if she met one in 2012/2013 at The Met when he asked where the Dutch Room was. No link yet. We legit just started yesterday. 

• Astonished 1

16 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

can't believe top critics sunk to 35% on RT , didn't think it was possible, but with no other big targets this year maybe Eternals will be Razzie contender even if undeserved for film or Jolie

That is really rotten. Wow! I can’t stand the Razzies. Some of my favorites have been nominated in the past. I know the RT score is bad, but the audience metrics are the real surprise for me. I wonder how Disney will handle the sequel? Will they change the tone and If so, how? Will they move on from the Eternals? Luckily, the MCU has earned a lot of currency with the general audience, so there’s a lot of trust that they’ll do the right thing and correct any perceived missteps with this movie.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Menor said:

Really excited for her doing a SW movie. Based on the way she handled Eternals it will be exactly the kind of SW I love. 

It felt more like a live action version of Filoni's trippy concepts than a Marvel movie. Putting some visual comparisons between Eternals and Filoni stuff in brackets so that people don't have to scroll:

marvel-eternals.jpg

star-wars-rebels-time-travel-temple-jedi

eternals-visual3.jpg

main-qimg-4120f5775ab6b997ac84eb8a2f925c

029bd558-5f73-4648-a609-98e4402a0393-SRA

hqdefault.jpg

636095385850914597-REB-IA-15976.jpg

I surprisingly dug the movie. The opening scroll reminded me of star wars movies. Lol. Some of the visuals in this movie are amazing, but repetitive. The main problem with this film was the acting & dialogues. This can be said for the other MCU films as well, but in those cases the actors made up with their charisma. Also, those movies had an upbeat feeling to them. This film is trying to be both serious and at the same time adding fun element. The tonal inconsistencies are jarring. The whole bit with Kumail was not funny at all. Not sure why he even roided out. Richard Madden was so cold and lifeless in the movie. This really needed a script makeover. It is trying to be two different movies. Still, I enjoyed it for the action, visuals and the post credit scenes. 6/10.

I would prefer Eternals & GOTG crossover rather than Eternals 2. If marvel has the balls to do an Eternals 2, I hope they stick to a particular tone and run with it. They need to find right actors though. I felt barring 3-4, this was miscast enterprise. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

can't believe top critics sunk to 35% on RT , didn't think it was possible, but with no other big targets this year maybe Eternals will be Razzie contender even if undeserved for film or Jolie

I would place a bet that the Razzies will go for this, big time. 

They usually go for very high profile films with bad reviews and lots of media coverage: ta-da! in steps Eternals.

(I hate the Razzies, too)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I would place a bet that the Razzies will go for this, big time. 

They usually go for very high profile films with bad reviews and lots of media coverage: ta-da! in steps Eternals.

(I hate the Razzies, too)

Hudson Hawk and Cutthroat Island were good examples of this. Big budgets, high expectations, but flopped and critics nailed them. Far from worst and fun movies IMHO but just the stuff Razzies look for.

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

Anyone experience this too?? Apparently it is a worldwide issue. 

https://www.cbr.com/eternals-facebook-preventing-movie-check-in-posts/

Facebook users around the world are reporting that their check-in posts about going to see the Eternals are for some reason being flagged as spam.

Facebook put out the hit! The Fans love The Eternals. See it in theaters now!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Anyone experience this too?? Apparently it is a worldwide issue. 

https://www.cbr.com/eternals-facebook-preventing-movie-check-in-posts/

Facebook users around the world are reporting that their check-in posts about going to see the Eternals are for some reason being flagged as spam.

That’s odd. Maybe because people are spamming the same message? The algorithm may sense it’s not organic. 

I liked it, did'nt love it.

It's a mid level Marvel movies, i would grade it a B minus.

iIt's better the reviews would indicate, but not one of Marvel's best.

But it's box office sucess pretty much guarantees we will see q sequel., probably with some new writers to  correcte the script weaknesses which where the main flaw in the film.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 2

On 11/8/2021 at 7:05 AM, Macleod said:

But this forum has just spent the last 50 pages arguing about them?  🤣

It is amusing how people say they don't care what critics say, and then spend endless amounts of time talking about what the critics say,

• Like 2

On 11/9/2021 at 7:13 AM, Saul Goodman said:

Watched this, don't get the hate at all. Sure it's different than most CBMs and highly ambitious at times. The cinematography is excellent, Zhao bought her own vibe to the movie.  It's nowhere near Thor TDW/The Incredible Hulk levels lol.

IHMO  TIH is a lot better then Iron Man 3.

IM3 and THor TDW are the two low points of the MCU.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

IHMO  TIH is a lot better then Iron Man 3.

IM3 and THor TDW are the two low points of the MCU.

I like Iron Man 3. 🤷‍♀️ All I meant to say in my original post was Eternals was nowhere close to Thor TDW in terms of quality, which is widely considered the weakest movie of the franchise.