ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

4 hours ago, AndyK said:

I'm clearly in the minority here but I enjoyed it.

Need to take out the avengers references though because it clearly doesn't fit in that universe 

Just saw it and liked it too, it’s not top tier Marvel or anything, but it’s enjoyable, and the different tone works much better than I thought it was going to after reading some of the hyperbolic reviews.

The first 30-40 minutes or so is a bit of a mess with all the time hopping that felt unnecessary, they could easily have done that chronologically and it’d have probably benefitted the character development, but once it settles down in the present it ticks along nicely.

Definitely worth seeing in IMAX too, the scale of some of the Celestial scenes was incredible.

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AndyK said:

I'm clearly in the minority here but I enjoyed it.

Need to take out the avengers references though because it clearly doesn't fit in that universe 

I don't think you're in the minority "here" if you mean on this forum. In fact people on here seem to have had a lot more of a positive reaction than the general public. 

• Like 1

Went to see this tonight. Obviously its problems are glaring as many have already said. 

Gemma Chan just isn’t a good enough actress to lead the film. I feel bad for saying that, but she was rough. A few of the other cast members were too.

Angelina, Salma and Henry were my highlights. Richard, while gorgeous, his character is too derivative of Superman that it was quite jarring. 

Most of the film is actually quite unattractive to look at, and I get the impression that Chloe didn’t direct the few scenes that were actually visually pleasing.  There’s a forest scene that was almost unwatchable. That said, I think a sequel (if they get one) could be more interesting and less of a 2hr40m lore dump. 

The mid credit scene got the wrong kind of laughs from the 7 or so of us in the audience. 

2/5 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 2

I enjoyed but overall but it has a lot of flaws.

if the critics were too rough on it, and I think they were.then some Marvel fanboys are wildly overprasing  this. It's a long way from being one of Marvel's best efforts. 

But it will make enough money to get a sequel, so the RT controversy iis water under the bridge.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I enjoyed but overall but it has a lot of flaws.

if the critics were too rough on it, and I think they were.then some Marvel fanboys are wildly overprasing  this. It's a long way from being one of Marvel's best efforts. 

But it will make enough money to get a sequel, so the RT controversy iis water under the bridge.

Personally, I think the critics are too rough on it, some people are overpraising it, and I am praising it exactly the right amount!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 1

On 11/16/2021 at 2:45 AM, Saul Goodman said:

Shang-Chi might be the real crowd pleaser, but I've thought more about Eternals since I watched it exactly one week ago than I've thought of Shang in the last two months. Think it will be appreciated more down the line like Hulk(2003).

Hulk 2003 is appreciated by who? 😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

I can't at them now selling Harry Styles by giving him his own poster two weeks after opening lmfao. What power.

Harry Styles GIFs | Tenor

And he looks gorgeous on the poster. 

His reveal got awkward what/laughs at my showing though. Thanos’ brother being someone from One Direction is hilarious 😂

12 minutes ago, Coldbird said:

oh man you are right, the mcu version is from 2008, than i got nothing. Hulk 2003 is as much appreciated as Daredevil and Catwoman.

The 08 one will probably be appreciated a lot more after she-hulk, maybe thunderbolts or world war hulk or whatever

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Krissykins said:

And he looks gorgeous on the poster. 

His reveal got awkward what/laughs at my showing though. Thanos’ brother being someone from One Direction is hilarious 😂