ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

Eternals wasn't even nearly rejected by audiences.

OS reception overall are pretty good, opened very well and it's holding well too. Only because of that this isn't getting the same treatment Hulk gets.

Even on US where reviews and negative buzz hurt it bad, the BO run itself wasn't bad so far for a B Cinemascore.

Also this movie already have a lot of deffenders online, including some big articles. This will age well, i bet it's gonna be more respected than many "fresh" MCU movies on the long term.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Finally saw it today. thought it might be a bit quieter since it’s been out a couple weeks but it was a near full house. Movie was mid. pretty bland but some cool visuals and I did like the whole end setpiece. The missus fucking hated it though lol.

• Haha 1

I finally saw this in a theater. Been broke a lot last few weeks and was getting worried I wouldn’t be able to see it in a theater close by if I waited any longer. It was definitely worth watching on the big screen. Thought it was actually really good and I thought the story was very interesting. ALOT different than your average MCU film but for the better. Critics did this one dirty. 

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 4

Just realised I still haven't seen this. Been hoping to watch it for a while just to get my money's worth of my Regal Unlimited subscription, but too many movies have been coming out and this just went further and further down my cinema watchlist every week. Got no other option than just watch it on D+ lol.

• Like 1

Also, in the overall page of the movie, If You Go on "home entertainment", there's 2 versions there listed as VOD + Streaming + Physical Media release, the one with 156 minutes and other with 174.

The "cinema" section only have the 156 minutes listed.

Let's see how it goes, but since there's 2 versions rated, doesn't look like an error.

https://www.bbfc.co.uk/release/eternals-q29sbgvjdglvbjpwwc01mzeyoti 

14 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Seems like Marvel's prepping an extended edition for release.

https://www.bbfc.co.uk/release/eternals-film-qxnzzxq6vlgtmtawmdqzndi

Shang Chi also has a listing for a version that's 30 mins longer under the Bonus section

https://www.bbfc.co.uk/release/shang-chi-and-the-legend-of-the-ten-rings-q29sbgvjdglvbjpwwc01mzaznta

I'd ignore it. 

• Like 1

Just now, AJG said:

Shang Chi also has a listing for a version that's 30 mins longer under the Bonus section

https://www.bbfc.co.uk/release/shang-chi-and-the-legend-of-the-ten-rings-q29sbgvjdglvbjpwwc01mzaznta

I'd ignore it. 

Yes, what makes me think maybe it's not an error is that SC is listed under bônus material, so makes sense, it's the running time of the movie + extras.

With Eternals, there's 2 versions listed as movies on the traditional home entertainment section, not on the bonus.

I think its an error. Disney+ and and Disney streaming releases all have about 10 minutes worth of extra credits for all the dubbing and localisation work for international markets

Encanto in cinemas is 109mins due to the short film attached.

The home release that includes the short but also the extended end credits run for 118 minutes.

https://www.bbfc.co.uk/release/encanto-q29sbgvjdglvbjpwwc01mziwntc

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AJG said:

I think its an error. Disney+ and and Disney streaming releases all have about 10 minutes worth of extra credits for all the dubbing and localisation work for international markets

Encanto in cinemas is 109mins due to the short film attached.

The home release that includes the short but also the extended end credits run for 118 minutes.

https://www.bbfc.co.uk/release/encanto-q29sbgvjdglvbjpwwc01mziwntc

They’re a lot shorter for live-action films, though. Shang-Chi only adds two minutes for international credits, I don’t see why Eternals would have a 15 minute+ difference.

On 1/5/2022 at 8:19 AM, Daxtreme said:

That doesn't sound right. Marvel never release extended editions of their movies.

I'd wait for corroboration on that source.

Marvel is not afraid of a long running time for one of theri movies.

Not one has had a extended version so far. Deleted and Extended Scenes, yes, that is SOP for their video release, but they are in a special section.

I am skeptical about  Eternals being 15 minutes longer.

Just saw an ad for this going into Disney+. And I don't mean a Disney+ ad, it was like an Eternals TV spot specifically because it's streaming. It even said "Streaming Soon". Feels like a paradigm shift for how streaming is being approached.

Edit: this one, the first 30 seconds of it

5 hours ago, iHeartJames said:

After watching this again I stand by my feelings that people clearly had an agenda against Chloe doing a comic book movie cuz it has issues but the first rotten MCU movie? HELL NO 

Exactly. In fact, this is one of the best Marvel movies. But you know..opinions and ass hole and everything...

• Like 1