ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

I haven’t rewatched this movie since I saw it in theaters, but I did express the opinion that I don’t think it deserves to be Marvel’s worst rated movie. I guess that if I had to think of why this is the movie that drew the line for critics, it’s because the overall style and tone is a bit conflicted.

On one hand, the movie clearly wants to be more complex and poignant than the rest of the MCU, but at the same time, it also still has some of those obligatory Marvel humor moments and CGI monsters for the heroes to punch. It wants to be different, but it’s not willing to commit all the way to it, so it ultimately isn’t able to please a ton of people. 

The Marvel fanboys getting defensive, I see.....

Hey, guys, Marvel Studios could not keep hitting home runs every time they went up at bat, they had to have a film that was not w ell rec eived sooner or later.

IMHO it was not the worst mavel movie...not with IM3 and Thor 2 around..but not one of their best either.

27 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Hey, guys, Marvel Studios could not keep hitting home runs every time they went up at bat, they had to have a film that was not w ell rec eived sooner or later.

IMHO it was not the worst mavel movie...not with IM3 and Thor 2 around..but not one of their best either.

You attack the Eternals fans and then agree with what they're saying 🤭

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

The fact you even think IM3 is bottom tier.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Nope, some of them are saying that Eternals is one of the best Marvel movies, and I don't agree. I would put it somewhere in the middle.

And I don't agree that the critics, for some reason, had it in for this movie.

IMHO I don't think Eternals suceeds in everything it wants to do, but is still pretty entertaining despire the failures and flaws.

Just now, Fox20 said:

I am not alone in the opinion......

And the whole handling of the Mandarin has nothing to do with it. That was one of the things abot the film I liked.

And thanks for proving my point about defensive fanboys. There is no agreeing to disagree with them.

9 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

It is in fact possible to walk and chew gum at the same time.

Just now, Fox20 said:

I know right? I can't believe people think differently than you.

And while we're all here...

Moderation

We aren't starting this "critics were out to get this" narrative again. Don't even try.

• Knock It Off 1

There is a lot of love for this movie on social media today again.

People are definitely very passionate about this, both who love it and who hate it.

With time i'm certain the reception of this as "the worst MCU movie" will be seem as unfair more and more. 

Gemma said yesterday she's coming back for another Marvel movies, i hope Zhao come back aswell. They can change the writers tho.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it's not surprising the reception is more positive on streaming. i imagine the movie plays a lot better while you're doing stuff and it's on in the background. screensaver movie.

You also have al ot more people seeing it on streaming, so naturally the number of those who really like it is going up.

45 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

Oh yeah The Celestials looked AMAZING from the design, the way the scenes were shot, the scale of them. Really makes you think about Galactus and Silver Surfer 

Surefire bet that Kevin Feige is thnking about Galactus and SIlver Surfer as well.....I still think Galactus is a strong possiiblity for becoming the Thanos of the post IW MCU.

Edited by dudalb

2 hours ago, iHeartJames said:

Oh yeah The Celestials looked AMAZING from the design, the way the scenes were shot, the scale of them. Really makes you think about Galactus and Silver Surfer 

My soul is READY for big giant space gods. I want all of them. 

• Like 1