ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

On 1/2/2020 at 8:25 PM, Arendelle Legion said:

Went and rewatched to be sure, the T part part is actually not quite as deemphasized as I remembered. My judgement is still that he was answering the first part of the question about LGBT overall, but it’s 23:14 in this interview if you want to listen yourself: 

Also I recommend the whole interview.   

IF there is a T character in a very near MCU property, I think the best bet is something involving Loki/Lady Loki from the Loki show   
IF there’s one in a Phase 4 movie, my bet would be Sera in Thor: Love and Thunder   

Thanks for linking the original clip.

That Q&A is great. I just watched it. Kevin Feige is a great speaker and very down to earth. Really engaging to watch and i would encourage others to watch that video too :)

• Like 3

Marvel Studios' The Eternals features an exciting new team of Super Heroes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, ancient aliens who have been living on Earth in secret for thousands of years. Following the events of Avengers: Endgame, an unexpected tragedy forces them out of the shadows to reunite against mankind's most ancient enemy, The Deviants.

• Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

28 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

Marvel Studios' The Eternals features an exciting new team of Super Heroes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, ancient aliens who have been living on Earth in secret for thousands of years. Following the events of Avengers: Endgame, an unexpected tragedy forces them out of the shadows to reunite against mankind's most ancient enemy, The Deviants.

I guess they were all snapped if half the universe being snapped wasn't a big enough tragedy to get them moving

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

The floor for Marvel is half a billion WW now. Crazy to say but as long as it's not a critical disaster Marvel's pretty much cracked the Hollywood code.

That’s overly conservative. No MCU movie since The Avengers in 2012 has missed the WW top 140, which gives 650M. Given the timelines involved it would be surprising to ever see another one below 700M — even Ant-man 3.

Edit: DOM post-TA worst is AM1 202nd=205M

OS AM2 135th=427M  

OW AM1 128th=69M   

Ant-man franchise is such a bummer. Hope AM3 gets some of that IM3/CA3 threequel boost.

Edited by Arendelle Legion

19 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

That’s overly conservative. No MCU movie since The Avengers in 2012 has missed the WW top 140, which gives 650M. Given the timelines involved it would be surprising to ever see another one below 700M — even Ant-man 3.

Edit: DOM post-TA worst is AM1 202nd=205M

OS AM2 135th=427M  

OW AM1 128th=69M   

Ant-man franchise is such a bummer. Hope AM3 gets some of that IM3/CA3 threequel boost.

Ant-Man is tiny so box office is tiny. 

Anyone know how much of this movie will be shot on film? I think the Phase 1 MCU films are far and away the best looking MCU films (except for Guardians films) and part of that is because they were shot on film. I don't really have a problem with digital. It's just that most directors (this includes most MCU directors) don't know how to use it well. Would be really cool if the entirety of this was shot on film like Wonder Woman 1984 (the only recent superhero movie I can think of that is actually fully shot on film).

Edited by lorddemaxus

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Anyone know how much of this movie will be shot on film? I think the Phase 1 MCU films are far and away the best looking MCU films (except for Guardians films) and part of that is because they were shot on film. I don't really have a problem with digital. It's just that most directors (this includes most MCU directors) don't know how to use it well. Would be really cool if the entirety of this was shot on film like Wonder Woman 1984 (the only recent superhero movie I can think of that is actually fully shot on film).

the whole movie i suppose, some scenes on 16mm

at least from the trailer we saw on CCXP, it seems very cinematic, more than the whole MCU, definitely feels like shot on film

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

the whole movie i suppose, some scenes on 16mm

at least from the trailer we saw on CCXP, it seems very cinematic, more than the whole MCU, definitely feels like shot on film

As someone who has a problem with how the post-Phase 1 MCU movies (outside of the Guardians movies and Dr Strange) have terrible colour grading and look kind of terrible because of how they handle digital photography, this might be a way to get me geniunely excited about this movie.

23 hours ago, eddyxx said:

So they can all fly?

In the comics they're usually shown to have a shared power set with a few that can do certain things better than others or having developed unique abilities.  But yeah they could all fly.