ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

So you are telling me that these folks sat on their asses while avengers were struggling to beat thanos? Morally questionable folks.

That aside, this looks like a massive win on all levels. 1.5+ billion loading if theatre situation normalizes by November. Will have HUGE legs.

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

This does look like the type (and timing) of trailer if you would put out if you were about to announce a premiere at Cannes...

No, it doesn't. And Marvel is not going to start premiering this film around the same time Black Widow releases (and iirc, Loki would still be going on then). You're assigning a level of prestige to the film (like you did when you said it will likely get a trailer in the Oscars) that I doubt even Marvel is assigning to it.

• Like 1

This whole time I've been assuming Jolie was the main star in this since she was the first cast member announced but it turns out she's filling the "A-lister with the 'And' credit" void and Gemma Chan is really the lead? A pretty cool promotion for her following a nothing role (in Captain Marvel).

This looks great.

17 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

No, it doesn't. And Marvel is not going to start premiering this film around the same time Black Widow releases (and iirc, Loki would still be going on then). You're assigning a level of prestige to the film (like you did when you said it will likely get a trailer in the Oscars) that I doubt even Marvel is assigning to it.

Oh yeah because it was crazy to think that they might premiere a Chloe Zhao movie trailer on the night the last Chloe Zhao movie swept the Oscars. Crazy idea.

I don't know why people are just randomly pretending the movie doesn't have buzz for some reason despite multiple credible sources saying so. It's Black Panther all over again.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Marvel Official channel 

1h views

YT: 474K views 192k likes

Twitter: 1,4M views 

Instagram: 542k views

BW trailer 1 did 12x 1 hr likes, Shang-Chi 5x. So 960-2.3M I guess ;) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Oh yeah because it was crazy to think that they might premiere a Chloe Zhao movie trailer on the night the last Chloe Zhao movie swept the Oscars. Crazy idea.

I don't know why people are just randomly pretending the movie doesn't have buzz for some reason despite multiple credible sources saying so. It's Black Panther all over again.

No one’s denying it has good buzz. But good buzz does not translate to Cannes premiere. Black Panther didn’t appear at Sundance por ejemplo

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I just said nothing here makes it more likely for it to premiere at Cannes lol. I said nothing about buzz. Black Panther didn't premiere at film festivals either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Disney brought fucking Solo a Star Wars Story to Cannes but this is apparently out of the question?

Solo was gonna release on the same week lol. And it was out of competition. Shrek (but this was in-competition), Godzilla 98, and Fury Road premiered there for the same reasons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

Disney brought fucking Solo a Star Wars Story to Cannes but this is apparently out of the question?

Marvel doesn't take their movies to any of the festivals (mainly to avoid spoiler leaks too far ahead of time in all likelihood). Screenings for this will occur when it's in close proximity of its November release date.

• Like 2

What's the incentive for showing film in advance on some festival. MCU film showing in some festival will give that festival hype not other way around.

It was same for Oscars. MCU is too big for any of these thing to have any impact.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 4