ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

Regarding the teaser itself, Marvel's in-house colorists and lighting people need to be fired lol. Like with Shang-Chi, this looks incredibly dimly lit and dull. Also just makes me think of the recent MK adaptation. 

I mean this looks basically how Nomadland did

• Like 2

That was an okay teaser. I would have preferred if the entire trailer avoided getting too superhero-y, and it absolutely didn't need the shoehorned in Avengers name drops at the end. If the focus was kept just on the time-spanning aspect of the trailer, combined with Zhao's visuals, it would have been fantastic.

This feels more like a Marvel film than a Zhao film. If the film is truly as unique and representative of Zhao's talents as some early reports have suggested, the trailer could and should have reflected that more.

lol this looks fckin incredible. It’s going to be the first actual massive domestic movie post pandemic. Looks absolutely gorgeous with an amazing cast that the audience will fall in love with. Chloe Zhao is gonna have yet another masterpiece on her hands. The absolute best in the business at this point. 

Underwhelmed at the visuals, at least this used real sets and some dynamic lighting but it’s such a bleak colour palette. Much more desaturated and grey than Nomadland was (which also desaturated its look). I don’t know why Marvel hates colour so much. Visuals aside, the rest looks fine.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

So what's this about? I don't really get this new team and what the "hook" is for people who aren't curious to see Chloe Zhao direct a Marvel movie. Intrigued for the obvious reasons though.

Basically they're immortal aliens charged with protecting the earth from dangerous creatures called the Deviants. For comparisons sake, in the comics Thanos is a Deviant.

Just now, SpiderByte said:

Basically they're immortal aliens charged with protecting the earth from dangerous creatures called the Deviants. For comparisons sake, in the comics Thanos is a Deviant.

Who is playing the villain? And why were they just chilling during Thanos killing everybody if that is their whole thing?

9 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Who is playing the villain? And why were they just chilling during Thanos killing everybody if that is their whole thing?

Second trailer better be like Guardians of Galaxy and introduce audience to these characters. I have seen lot of confusion regarding this. 

14 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

As one of Eternals will probably say at some point in the movie:  "We don't think in such small-minded terms."  I'm betting a significant part of the plot for present-day happenings will revolve around what happened with ENDGAME (the final dialogue confirms this) and that the Eternals see that this is the moment when they need to get involved... humanity can't handle it's own shit anymore.  Perfect metaphor for reality right now.  Too perfect.  If only we had some Eternals to help convince people to wear masks and take vaccines...and not believe conspiracy theories.  😉

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 3

Teaser rarely reveals the story. That's for the trailer. Teaser shows characters and universe. It's basically

WZGxAUu.gif

Spoiler

I love this teaser. It confirms the leaks which is a GREAT thing. The scope is massive. The storytelling isn't linear so lots of flashbacks, well, you figured that out from the teaser. It's going to be quite something. I'm very happy how it looks. Now big question is, this or DUNC, which one's going to be better? This will be bigger, no contest.,

ETA: Spoilers, even vague one, go under a tag - Cap.