ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Teaser rarely reveals the story. That's for the trailer. Teaser shows characters and universe. It's basically

WZGxAUu.gif

I love this teaser. It confirms the leaks which is a GREAT thing. The scope is massive. The storytelling isn't linear so lots of flashbacks, well, you figured that out from the teaser. It's going to be quite something. I'm very happy how it looks. Now big question is, this or DUNC, which one's going to be better? This will be bigger, no contest.,

DUNE doesn't even look good to begin with.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Nomadland was somewhat desaturated but didn't look as dull as this does. I have a feeling it has to do with Ben Davis here.

we only saw 2 min teaser, you can't compare to whole film.

• Like 1

I like desaturated look of this ha ha. My only complaint would be the spaceship. It looks so weightless and painted onto the sky. I hope they fix it in post-prod. Other than that, terrific. The song was on point. I liked the joke too. It's really one of those teaser things that might not even be in the movie. Like, Avengers have passed the torch thing.

First thing first, the Eternals referring to Steve as Captain Rogers cause ONE of course they know his damn name and TWO Captain AMERICA is still very much alive and kicking, is divine.  Didn't need what's his face suggesting he lead the Avengers though.  That's gonna put thoughts in fandom's minds we just don't need.  Avengers already have their Captains: Sam and Carol. :wub:

I kind of wish they'd left the tag off.  It felt like Marvel presenting this amazing, beautiful, interesting, new film, but not having the confidence that the causals won't be like "where are the jokes?"  

Okay, now that I pretended to be objective about this:

OOOMGGGOGMGOMGO CHLOOOOOOE WORKING HER ~*~*~*~*~MAGIC~*~*~*~*~ I FEEEL HER IN EVERY FRAME.  AND THE KIRBY CIRCLES AND INFLUENCE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!! 

Community Reaction GIF

IT'S JUST SO GOOD.

- THENA LOOKING BEAUTIFUL

- KINGO BREATHES AND I STAN

- KURAN AT THE TABLE CAUSE HE'S FAM

- NO PHASTOS HUBBY YET ?!??!

- NEED MORE AJAK.

November can't come fast enough.  Hopefully my theater will be bought and reopened by then.

At least this movie looks beautiful and gets away from the in-house Marvel style. Have we ever discovered why every single Marvel movie has the same glossy, colorful in-house style that makes it look like a Netflix tv series? This will forever and always be my number one beef with the MCU. They all look extremely digital and glossy and small. Compare them to Raimi Spider-Man movies or something. 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 2

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

At least this movie looks beautiful and gets away from the in-house Marvel style. Have we ever discovered why every single Marvel movie has the same glossy, colorful in-house style that makes it look like a Netflix tv series? This will forever and always be my number one beef with the MCU. They all look extremely digital and glossy and small. Compare them to Raimi Spider-Man movies or something. 

I looked back and honestly, I'd say some of MCU's earlier stuff looked better than most of their recent stuff. Even The Dark World actually looked a lot nicer than I remembered (especially after watching this trailer). They seem to have gotten worse and worse at shooting outdoor sequences.

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

17 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I see that romance is really well received which bodes well for legs. Lots of gushing over how good Gemma and Richard look together but also lots of "but what about Kit?" :rofl:

Is she the same character from Captain Marvel here? 

I'm rooting for Chloe Zhao, hope this is a big hit for her. But some things in the trailer suggest this is not entirely her movie. The joke at the end got me worried. But even if I don't like the movie I will support it and watch it in theaters if they are open here at the time.

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

I'm rooting for Chloe Zhao, hope this is a big hit for her. But some things in the trailer suggest this is not entirely her movie. The joke at the end got me worried. But even if I don't like the movie I will support it and watch it in theaters if they are open here at the time.

yeh the joke at the end just screamed studio note/instruction.  

• Like 1