ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

2 hours ago, DInky said:

Have no idea if there's any truth behind what this dude is saying but I hope he's right. Probably not a popular opinion on a box office forum but without China in the mix we might get some actual LGBT representation by the time MCU's X-Men movies come out. Tired of Disney's pathetic attempts at queerbaiting.

jose-mourinho-i-prefer-not-to-speak.gif

😶

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

3 hours ago, DInky said:

Have no idea if there's any truth behind what this dude is saying but I hope he's right. Probably not a popular opinion on a box office forum but without China in the mix we might get some actual LGBT representation by the time MCU's X-Men movies come out. Tired of Disney's pathetic attempts at queerbaiting.

China not changing their summer black out season this year to accommodate Disney schedule could be spinned has a hard push back, but I really do not know enough to say if it is accurate, I do not even known when the blackout would usually end, some year's of the past it would have been over early august I think (some member here could know)

Edited by Barnack

Seems like Matthew Ball is pretty out of touch with the China situation tbh. We here on the forum basically have best idea in the western world of anyone who isn’t directly involved — if you follow Gavin closely.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

Seems like Matthew Ball is pretty out of touch with the China situation tbh. We here on the forum basically have best idea in the western world of anyone who isn’t directly involved — if you follow Gavin closely.

Entirely possible.

I can't look all the numbers now, probably someone will, but trailer views after 24h are bsolutely great, actually pretty close to the teaser in the official US platforms.

LIkes is also great, and the reception overall is excellent, people really loved it in general.

If anyone was worried about the commercial prospekts of this movie i think this clearly have enough hype to open high. Now we can only hope things will be better in November and this get a theatrical exclusive release.

• Like 1

24H, from official US main platforms.

Youtube (Marvel Entertainment): 11.2M
Twitter: 8.1M
Instagram: Marvel Studios 4.1M / Marvel 1.8M
Facebook : Marvel Studios  7.2M

------------------------------------------------------

comparison to Shang-Chi's Final Trailer (June 24)

btw, numbers are as of right now. not 24H.

Youtube (Marvel Entertainment) : 17.2M
Twitter : 4.5M
Instagram: Marvel Studios 3.1M / Marvel 2M
Facebook Marvel Studios 5.3M

Edited by imbruglia
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, imbruglia said:

24H, from official US main platforms.

Youtube (Marvel Entertainment): 11.2M
Twitter: 8.1M
Instagram: Marvel Studios 4.1M / Marvel 1.8M
Facebook : Marvel Studios  7.2M

32.4M from this only. Probably around 50m in all. Really good for second trailer.

YouTube views are really good. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

10 Hours.

12M views You Tube (6.8M main channel)

4.5M views Twitter

7M+ Instagram
4M+ on Facebook

27M+

May be 40-45M 24 hours in these.

About 40% of Far From Home but that had big views on Tom & Zendaya Insta.

29 Hours.

23M views You Tube (12M main channel)

9M Twitter (8.3M main)

9M+ Instagram

9M+ Facebook (7.4M main)

50M 

24 hours would be 49M approx. Overall including China and others I missed probably 60-65M approx.

Seems par Teaser but well below MCU other solos like Far From Home and Captain Marvel.

On 5/25/2021 at 6:40 PM, fabiopazzo2 said:

24h Trailer views

YT: 11M views 600k likes

Twitter: 8,4M views

Instagram: 3,1M views

only official channel

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Astonished 1

18 hours ago, DInky said:

Two nameless female characters kissing (for a split-second) in the background at the end of TROS, Lefou dancing with a man (for a split-second) at the end of Beauty and the Beast and Jack Whitehall's character in Jungle Cruise saying his "interests happily lay elsewhere" are examples of queerbaiting.

From Wikipedia

"Queerbaiting is a marketing technique for fiction and entertainment[6] in which creators hint at, but then do not actually depict, same-sex romance or other LGBTQ+ representation.[7] They do so to attract ("bait") a queer or straight ally audience with the suggestion of relationships or characters that appeal to them,[8] while at the same time attempting to avoid alienating other consumers.""

"

Don't be a Karen

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

29 Hours.

23M views You Tube (12M main channel)

9M Twitter (8.3M main)

9M+ Instagram

9M+ Facebook (7.4M main)

50M 

24 hours would be 49M approx. Overall including China and others I missed probably 60-65M approx.

Seems par Teaser but well below MCU other solos like Far From Home and Captain Marvel.

CM trailer 2 would have been around 60-65 million in 24 hours.

• Like 1

Honestly, for non-sequel MCU movies this movie are only behind CM in early awareness.

And honestly, the CM teaser was bigger than Eternals one, but the second trailers overall it does seems like Eternals is actually on pair with CM.

Marvel have a winner here, this could be huge. And is impressive because this are completely unknown characters like GOTG, CM was helped by Endgame connections.

The only problem is the pandemic, i feel this could've gross a billion before pandemic, now who knows how much is possible to reach.

• Like 3

So... after 24 hours

Marvel US YouTube: 11.8M

Marvel US Twitter: 9.2M

Marvel US Facebook: 11M

Total: 32M views

This movie is a smash, it's beating all the other solo MCU movies and the reception is much better than was on teaser [on YT, the trailer has 95% of likes and just 5% of dislikes]. 

I hope Marvel drop the overall trailer numbers, i think it could be easily in the 50-60's million views, excellent for a second trailer.

@ThomasNicole posted this in the CM trailer 2 thread. So it seems to be somewhat below on YT and Twitter and definitely lower on FB. Still seems quite impressive for characters that have never appeared or been teased. I mean it's not really that far off CM here. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 4
  • Astonished 1