ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

36 minutes ago, Menor said:

Never heard of this person. They seem to be very salty for some reason. 

Not sure how likely that is with is giant list of "controversies", maybe you blocked him mentally, he made a name for himself by asking director still/footage of nude actress before movies release and other weird stories.

If not lucky you.

• ...wtf 5

6 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Sorry, guys.

Anyway, does anyone else think Shang Chi has a chance to beat Eternals at WW BO? (especially if Shang Chi gets China release)

You mean if Shang-Chi gets a China release and Eternals doesn't? If so then I can see Shang-Chi beating Eternals. But it's really hard for me to make a prediction because I have no idea how different the covid situation will be in November.

12 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Sorry, guys.

Anyway, does anyone else think Shang Chi has a chance to beat Eternals at WW BO? (especially if Shang Chi gets China release)

If Eternals get banned from China maybe yes.

Otherwise no, Eternals buzz is way bigger.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Sorry, guys.

Eternals look like a tier A release for a new launch (only BP being clearly above), Shang Chi more the mid tier for them (casting, scope, budget, etc...)

36 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Sorry, guys.

As others have said only if Eternals is banned from China and Shang-Chi is released. Otherwise Eternals seems to have more buzz. 

Yeah those are insane numbers.

I’m really curious why it’s pulling in the normies. Sure the MCU brand is part of it, but what else is it? That it’s “purdy”? That looks different from the MCU template? The GOT connection? The actors?

I mean this is somebody from inside the fan bubble asking about those on the outside.

I hate the term “normies” but people I follow on social media who are more casual moviegoers have mentioned how it “doesn’t look like a Marvel movie”. Assuming the epic scale and global locations give it a sprawling worldwide feel. And while I think she’s a derivative, flat filmmaker, Zhao’s visuals aren’t traditional in the MCU sense of bland lighting and rudimentary blocking. 

But as I said before, audiences embrace whenever Marvel does something “different”(although, they’re not truly different or risky). It’s why Shang-Chi a “Kung fu” adventure will greatly overperform as will this. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RRA said:

Yeah those are insane numbers.

I’m really curious why it’s pulling in the normies. Sure the MCU brand is part of it, but what else is it? That it’s “purdy”? That looks different from the MCU template? The GOT connection? The actors?

I mean this is somebody from inside the fan bubble asking about those on the outside.

Extremelly diverse cast + it simply looks epic and different for Marvel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I hate the term “normies” but people I follow on social media who are more casual moviegoers have mentioned how it “doesn’t look like a Marvel movie”. Assuming the epic scale and global locations give it a sprawling worldwide feel. And while I think she’s a derivative, flat filmmaker, Zhao’s visuals aren’t traditional in the MCU sense of bland lighting and rudimentary blocking. 

But as I said before, audiences embrace whenever Marvel does something “different”(although, they’re not truly different or risky). It’s why Shang-Chi a “Kung fu” adventure will greatly overperform as will this. 

Meh people embrace good things different or not, Shang Chi was called and was expected to be the "same-ish" marvel, the "it's different" narrative only started after the good reviews.

Edited by Fox20

9 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

Meh people embrace good things different or not, Shang Chi was called and was expected to be the "same-ish" marvel, the "it's different" narrative only started after the good reviews.

You’re still going to quote me every time I post about Marvel? ShangChi was advertised as a big martial arts film since the beginning which is something they haven’t done (despite the typical formula)

Tons of films a year despite being good flop or fail to catch on.