ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

SO the Eternals have their version of the Prime Directive in "Star Trek"?

Film looks really good, but we will get some fancy verbal footwork as to why the Eternals were inactive not only during the Thanos episode, but The Chitari episode, the Kree invasion, etc. Sort of like how they had to constantly evade the fact that the Prime Directive was constantly violated in Star Trek.

21 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

Definitely pulling for this. Hopefully COVID starts trending more in the right direction and Eternals marketing gives a clearer picture to the GA of what greatness awaits. At this point, I could see anything from $60M to $120M. It's all dependent on how the dominos fall. 

In the US, at least, that is a might big if.

Got the newest trailer for the first time tonight (in front of Shang-Chi). 

I don’t know anything about Eternals, I’ve never heard of them. But it looks like Richard Madden has Superman’s powers? And Angelina looks very similar to Wonder Woman. 

I know they can’t copyright powers lol, but it was my main takeaway from the trailer tbh. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

There are only so many powers in SH world that some are going to repeat. Cyclops has laser eyes too. Tons of characters can fly. Etc. 

You’ll notice it’s more than that lol, his stance, body language, movements, flying. It’s all the same. 

Strange choice! 

I’m glad Richard is getting to keep his own accent though, he grew up near me and I know some of his family. 

• Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

You’ll notice it’s more than that lol, his stance, body language, movements, flying. It’s all the same. 

Strange choice! 

I’m glad Richard is getting to keep his own accent though, he grew up near me and I know some of his family. 

To be honest, he would make a great Supes cause, as you pointed out, he got the mannerism down path. But being in MCU is now more lucrative and Ikaris is a great role going by spoiler synopsis.

I love his accent and wow that you were almost neighbors! That's so amazing! He's a great actor and not just on GOT. I watched him in Bodyguard. Great leading man. Was also a perfect Prince in Cinderella. Since he and Gemma are long time friends their chemsitry should be good. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Strange choice! 

Superman has many clones, it won't be the first or last character that look like that, it's the same as speedsters.

Heck Marvel has Hyperion, Sentry and Blue Marvel and they are all like Superman... Thena is nothing like Wonder Woman.

Edited by Fox20

@charlie Jatinder

https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/c/the-edit-content/090721/kumail-nanjiani-eternals-interview-fall-fashion-2021

I could be quizzed on any Bollywood movie before 1998. I feel like the American sense of Bollywood is a little flattened, so for me, it was important to do a Bollywood dance sequence for Eternals. [Nanjiani's character, Klingo, moonlights as a Bollywood star.] Chloe Zhao, the director, and I talked about it a lot: There needs to be a sense of joy in this scene. This is our tribute. We had this group of 51 amazing dancers and me. So there were 52 people dancing, and 51 of them were very good at it. We were all South Asian people, and I said before we shot the scene, ‘Listen, we know Bollywood better than anybody else here. This is our chance to show people how joyful it is, how fantastic it is.’ We used reference points from actual movies that I love like Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham....

image.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

I really dig that they are selling the movie on romance which is different for MCU. Richard and Gemma looks so beautiful together. 

The romance could *potentially* help with convincing audiences who don't normally enjoy superhero flicks to give this a go.

Just now, Valonqar said:

Agreed! I was thinking something along those lines, that it could crossover. 

With the romance angle and the right amount of spectacle, I really think this could break out like Shang-Chi did. Only X factor is China at the moment.

• Like 1