ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

The Oscar-winning actress is in talks to star in Marvel Studios' The Eternalsa superhero team adventure feature being directed by Chloe Zhao.

Jolie has chosen the Marvel project based on the Jack Kirby-created title about super-powered and near-immortal beings known as Eternals and a more monstrous off-shoot known as the Deviants that were created by the cosmic beings called Celestials.

While details about the movie are being kept under wraps, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that one aspect to the story involves the love story between Ikaris, a man fueled by cosmic energy, and Sersi, who relishes moving amongst humans. It is unclear who Jolie will play. Marvel had no comment.

Zhao, an award-winning indie director behind critical hits The Rider and Songs My Brothers Taught Me, will direct from a script by Matthew and Ryan Firpo.

Jolie is currently working with Marvel's parent company Disney on the upcoming Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, which was recently moved up to fall 2019 release from spring 2020, and on the animation/live-action hybrid The One and Only Ivan, which she is also producing. Jolie's upcoming projects also include Come Away, a fantasy drama from from Brenda Chapman.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/angelina-jolie-talks-make-marvel-debut-eternals-1197526

• Thanks 1

That would be quite the coup. If this turns out to be accurate, I wonder what exactly it is about this property that made Angelina "succumb" to the Marvel call. I know that one might be cynical and say "the money and the exposure," but Angie's career choices as of late don't seem like they were made by a woman whose main interest is money or exposure. 

In any case, I suppose she would play Sersi, right? Is there any other major female character in the Eternals mythos that could fit Jolie? 

I wouldn't be surprised if she'd work as a producer,... too or...  I think she likes to spread her wings.

If she takes a full role, has anyone seen her preparation for the Tomb Raider movies?

Looked to me like she has no height fear at all

Edited by terrestrial

1 minute ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

That would be quite the coup. If this turns out to be accurate, I wonder what exactly it is about this property that made Angelina "succumb" to the Marvel call. I know that one might be cynical and say "the money and the exposure," but Angie's career choices as of late don't seem like they were made by a woman whose main interest is money or exposure. 

In any case, I suppose she would play Sersi, right? Is there any other major female character in the Eternals mythos that could fit Jolie? 

Sersi would be a perfect role of Jolie;it plays to all her strong points as an actress. And visually she strongly resembeles the Sersi of the original Kirby run on the comics.

And Marvel Studios is a winner; everybody wants a piece of a winner.

And she has not had a box office hit for a while;if she wants to continure to do her indie style stuff she needs to keep her creditibilty at the box office.

And in the comcis Sersi became an Avenger.....

11 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if this has anything to do with Maleficent moving to this year.

Anyway, Jolie is a huge deal. Seems like Marvel is putting a lot into this when I thought this could be a b-movie similar to Ant-Man. 

Don't wanna hype myself but if this ends up as a Thanos back story trilogy...