ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

7 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Is this the biggest star Marvel Studios has (maybe) hired for a leading role since RDJ? 

I know they have had many stars and Oscar winners/nominees in supporting roles, but Angelina Jolie in a leading role of an MCU movie is a huge deal.

Probably their biggest star yet tbh. RDJ was famous but never considered anything resembling a megastar before the first Iron Man, plus that movie was also his redemption from a slew of personal problems.

• Like 2

I had hope left that there would be some high profile actors left who are not a part of the MCU.

So Angelina turned down so many movie roles in the last couple of years to join what? The 23rd movie of the MCU? 

That whole Marvel thing has become a tired act for me. I was a big fan for many years but with the (over the top) "Black Panther" hype and "Captain Marvel" it somehow ended. This Captain movie will make a billion for being just...mediocre. It seems the GA does not care about quality anymore...they would also rush out to see a pile of shit in front of their doors that Marvel made. 

If Angelina really joins - who is left? Kate Winslet? Meryl Streep? Will they be next?

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 7

23 minutes ago, EliasChristensen said:

I had hope left that there would be some high profile actors left who are not a part of the MCU.

So Angelina turned down so many movie roles in the last couple of years to join what? The 23rd movie of the MCU? 

That whole Marvel thing has become a tired act for me. I was a big fan for many years but with the (over the top) "Black Panther" hype and "Captain Marvel" it somehow ended. This Captain movie will make a billion for being just...mediocre. It seems the GA does not care about quality anymore...they would also rush out to see a pile of shit in front of their doors that Marvel made. 

If Angelina really joins - who is left? Kate Winslet? Meryl Streep? Will they be next?

Ahh, this doesn't make sense 

how many mediocre film pass 1B in the last 6/7 years? 

F8-JW2-Age of ultron-Aquaman-F7-Minions-TLJ-BATB-TF4-Dory ecc ecc 

Edited by fabiopazzo2

1 hour ago, EliasChristensen said:

It will just be a forgettable paycheck role anyways...

8 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

It is also possible that Jolie, having a gaggle of children, might be interested in something her kids would like.  💁‍♂️ She wouldn't be the first actor cast in a Marvel Studios who used that as an excuse for taking the role.  Celine Dion said she only did Ashes because her son was a big Deadpool fan.

Guess why Viggo Mortensen then took the role of Aragon

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Durden said:

And already casting? 😥

According to an interview, Brie Larson was casted ~ 1 year before it got officially announced. Got mentioned bcs it was seemingly difficult to really not tell it (as in also not to friends and family)

28 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Don't get me wrong but Angelina was a huge star 5-10 years ago. Is she still now? I don't think so. Cumberbatch is the biggest star in MCu in my opinion.

Do not understand me wrong, its not meant in a condensenting way, but how old are you? Ony to maybe learn the possible whys of another ones POV.

Bravo, Marvel. This is how you create excitement for completely unexciting property. Cast a huge star and people have your attention. :bravo:

So one day, when everyone thinks they cannot possibly cast higher, faster, further, bigger, they'll park a truk with 1B salary at Leo's doorstep and get him to headline capekino. Just watch. he's the only super star without a franchise but Feige will make him break the vow. :stirthepot:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

According to an interview, Brie Larson was casted ~ 1 year before it got officially announced. Got mentioned bcs it was seemingly difficult to really not tell it (as in also not to friends and family)

Do not understand me wrong, its not meant in a condensenting way, but how old are you? Ony to maybe learn the possible whys of another ones POV.

25. And now that you have the age what's your assesment?🤨

2 hours ago, stephanos13 said:

Don't get me wrong but Angelina was a huge star 5-10 years ago. Is she still now? I don't think so. Cumberbatch is the biggest star in MCu in my opinion.

Of course she is, she's just been a scarce presence this decade in front of the camera with her only live-action film credits being Salt, The Tourist, and the Maleficents (By the Sea wasn't a real movie).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EliasChristensen said:

Yes.

Poor big movie stars...stooping so low as to join these disgustingly lucrative franchises that can only lead to bigger paychecks, bigger stardom, and leaving a mark in future generations of filmgoers.

Who would want that?

Not Kate Winslet, who is the kind of actress who would NEVER join blockbuster franchises. If she did that, what would be next? Joining the cast of a Hunger Games rip off? Surely she would NEVER do such a thing.

Right?

And Meryl Streep??? NEVER. She is far too much of a respected actress to be in something as LOW as a superhero film or a YA novel adaptation (**Cough The Giver cough**).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Of course she is, she's just been a scarce presence this decade in front of the camera with her only live-action film credits being Salt, The Tourist, and the Maleficents (By the Sea wasn't a real movie).

One could argue that Angelina's long stretches of time away from the screen add to her mystique. She is, IMO, one of the few stars of today who evoke the stars of old Hollywood...in terms of her aura of larger-than-life mystery and undeniable star quality.

I also find it hilarious that anyone thinks that Cumberland is a bigger star than RDJ or Jolie. Seriously? When was Cumberland ever a movie star in the US? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

One could argue that Angelina's long stretches of time away from the screen add to her mystique. She is, IMO, one of the few stars of today who evoke the stars of old Hollywood...in terms of her aura of larger-than-life mystery and undeniable star quality.

I also find it hilarious that anyone thinks that Cumberland is a bigger star than RDJ or Jolie. Seriously? When was Cumberland ever a movie star in the US? 

Someone who lives exclusively on Tumblr, I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

So one day, when everyone thinks they cannot possibly cast higher, faster, further, bigger, they'll park a truk with 1B salary at Leo's doorstep and get him to headline capekino. Just watch. he's the only super star without a franchise but Feige will make him break the vow. :stirthepot:

Leo for Quasar!!!!!

As of now the most respected leads in MCU and also big stars. 

1)RDJ

2) Scar Jo

3) Chris Pratt 

4) Chris Hemsworth 

5) Chris Evans 

6) Mark Ruffalo 

7) Jeremy Renner 

😎

😎 Brie Larson 

9) Chadwick Boseman 

10) Lupita Nyongo