ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

47 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Building up to Kamala Khan? Leave it to Feige to change her roots to the Eternals from the Flophumans.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Marvel go with the Celestials, and by extension the Eternals, as the gateway for mutants in general to enter the MCU.

Wait...no talk of Kumail Najiani being too old or too not-in-peak-form to play an Eternal? He is only 2 years younger than Angie and not really in any kind of amazing shape.

Nothing?

Oh, right...I forgot this "too old for the role"/"not hot and sexy enough for the role" bullshit is only used for women.

Edited by LouisianaArkansasGeorgia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Wait...no talk of Kumail Najiani being too old or too not-in-peak-form to play an Eternal? He is only 2 years younger than Angie and not really in any kind of amazing shape.

Nothing?

Oh, right...I forgot this "too old for the role"/"not hot and sexy enough for the role" bullshit is only used for women.

"She should smile more, looks wooden"

"She is too ugly for the role"

"What a flat ass, why doesnt she do squats more often"

"She should keep quiet and not have any opinions on politics and diversity"

"She is too old for the role"

"She doesn't even do her own stunts, how can she do an action movie"

Did I miss any? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

5 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Nothing?

Kumail is in great shape, what are you talking about?

dq0ynwkthcj0sjwxhefr.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Not to be that guy but you know where they're going with casting a comedian in lead role in an MCU movie... 

That they said in the '80 about Michael Keaton too (CBM, in that case DC)

19 hours ago, jking123 said:

Weird casting and weird director(I know her movie was acclaimed but expected someone more acquainted with blockbusters).

More interested in Black widow right now but this should be very interesting.

I could be wrong, but hasn't it become commonplace for DCEU and MCU to hire directors who are not acquainted with blockbusters to direct these CBMs? If I recall correctly, Whedon had never done a mega-budget blockbuster before The Avengers, and Patty Jenkins had only made one movie --an intimate character study (Monster)-- before Wonder Woman. Ryan Coogler's pre -Black Panther work were two dramas also. I am sure that there are many more examples of that...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

I could be wrong, but hasn't it become commonplace for DCEU and MCU to hire directors who are not acquainted with blockbusters to direct these CBMs? If I recall correctly, Whedon had never done a mega-budget blockbuster before The Avengers, and Patty Jenkins had only made one movie --an intimate character study (Monster)-- before Wonder Woman. Ryan Coogler's pre -Black Panther work were two dramas also. I am sure that there are many more examples of that...

Joss's GOTG was only 35m? where the fuck is all this mega-budget money going to?

Producers over filmmakers - the trendy trading card game.

18 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Sometimes the more CBMs you make, the worse they get. See recent DC movies for example.

You mean like Wonder Woman, Justice League, Aquaman, and Shazam? Because those are the most recent DC films, and only one of them is widely perceived as 'the worse" of anything (Justice League)...

6 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

You mean like Wonder Woman, Justice League, Aquaman, and Shazam? Because those are the most recent DC films, and only one of them is widely perceived as 'the worse" of anything (Justice League)...

They’re talking on the director level, not franchise level. WW was Jenkin’s first SH directing gig, AQM for Wan, Shazam for Sandberg. 

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

On 4/6/2019 at 9:47 AM, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

The Russo Brothers were also primarily sitcom directors and their only feature films were an indie film and a lame Owen Wilson comedy before getting the keys to the MCU kingdom.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, andersonhoran said:

Starfox? :thinking:

D4EhUyjVUAAzOZ6.jpg250px-Starfox_Thanos_Vol_2_7.png

I guess it would depend on how much they change Starfox, and they're gonna have to, but making your first gay character in the MCU one who was an infamous womanizer from the comics could be problematic.  It plays into some old stereotypes.

53 minutes ago, Horner said:

I guess it would depend on how much they change Starfox, and they're gonna have to, but making your first gay character in the MCU one who was an infamous womanizer from the comics could be problematic.  It plays into some old stereotypes.

We can have more than one openly gay actor even if it's just one gay character. 

Not happening,  though. 

3 hours ago, Horner said:

Starfox has been depicted as bi/pansexual in the comics for quite some time now I think. 

On 4/6/2019 at 5:15 PM, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

No I mean what I said, Synder as a director flat out ruined films. In other contributions he was more helpful. With a different approach with different directors DC can be successful. However they need to target specific demographics or they will fail to break out like Shazam did despite incredible reviews.