ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

Just now, dudalb said:

IMHO Feige has made it very clear  Endgame was the end of the Thanos cycle, Thanos might be mentioned like Stark was mentioned in Spidey"Far From Home but don't expect him to make an appreanance.

I think Feige want to look forward, not back.

End of the Thanos cycle, yes, but it would be weird if they're going to get into the Eternals corner of Marvel and not have it connect to Thanos in some way.

Thanos' story is done in terms of the infinity stones quest, of course, but I have no doubt the character will re-appear or at least be referenced in some capacity in the near future. If the Eternals didn't exist then I'd think differently, but we're getting into Eternals and Deviants here, of which Thanos is a hybrid. His whole family are also very important figures in Eternals lore. Again, it would be borderline weird not to acknowledge him in some way again.

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

End of the Thanos cycle, yes, but it would be weird if they're going to get into the Eternals corner of Marvel and not have it connect to Thanos in some way.

Thanos' story is done in terms of the infinity stones quest, of course, but I have no doubt the character will re-appear or at least be referenced in some capacity in the near future. If the Eternals didn't exist then I'd think differently, but we're getting into Eternals and Deviants here, of which Thanos is a hybrid. His whole family are also very important figures in Eternals lore. Again, it would be borderline weird not to acknowledge him in some way again.

Marvel Studios has made it clear it has no hesistation of changing the "Lore" of Marvel charecters if they think it will make a better movie.

Oh, I think Thanos will be mentioned, just don't expect some kind of "guest appreance'.

Still a little surprised that Sersi, who was probably the best known of the Eternals, is not going to be in this.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Marvel Studios has made it clear it has no hesistation of changing the "Lore" of Marvel charecters if they think it will make a better movie.

Oh, I think Thanos will be mentioned, just don't expect some kind of "guest appreance'.

Still a little surprised that Sersi, who was probably the best known of the Eternals, is not going to be in this.

Gotcha. 

As for Sersi, maybe Marvel is being a bit presumptuous and has a trilogy planned, wherein she'll appear in a future instalment. I'm not that familiar with the Eternals so I wouldn't be able to speculate any further than that.

On 7/22/2019 at 5:58 PM, Valonqar said:

GOTG has better cast of characters. They are wacky and use of 80s music and references makes it stand out. Eternals are just humans, basically Marvel's Percy Jackson

*70s. But in the comics, they didn't have any such quirks. The filmmakers can easily give the Eternals similar quirks in the movie.

Also, seeing how the GOTG aren't as big as some other MCU heroes OS, one has to wonder whether the 70's and 80's references actually hold them back there.

18 hours ago, JB33 said:

Anyone here familiar with the Eternals comics?

Neil Gaiman run. It basically made Sersi DCEU's Wonder Woman (immortal woman hailing from a race of gods, living among humans for generations).

I wonder if this rumored lead character "Karen" is an alias for Sersi.

34 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

*Also, seeing how the GOTG aren't as big as some other MCU heroes OS, one has to wonder whether the 70's and 80's references actually hold them back there.

Good point. I have a feeling that WWI setting held back WW boxoffice OS. 

So MBB is up for Karen/Sersi or she was up for that kid?

Edited by Valonqar

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

So MBB is up for Karen/Sersi or she was up for that kid?

If she was actually considered, it must've been for the kid. Sersi is Ikarus (Madden)'s lover, so I'd assume they are looking for an actress in her 20s or early 30s. Assuming the theory about Karen is right (and that there is a Karen in the first place).

24 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

Who exactly has been genderbent/changed from the characters casted so far? That's what I've been hearing and I don't know shit about the Eternals.

Every character cast so far was male in the comics other than Jolie's Thena, so 3 genderbent (Hayek's Ajak, Ridlof's Makkari, and the child Sprite). Doesn't matter as: 1.) The Eternals are obscure and 2.) When this movie probably succeeds, those Eternals will probably become female in the comics too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

If she was actually considered, it must've been for the kid. Sersi is Ikarus (Madden)'s lover, so I'd assume they are looking for an actress in her 20s or early 30s. Assuming the theory about Karen is right (and that there is a Karen in the first place).

In the original Jack Kirby run, Sersi had the hots for Steve Rogers at one point.........

Thena, the Angelina Jolie charecters, is basically just Big Barda from the New Gods in MCU clothing. In fact you can say that about the Eternals in general. No doubt it was Kirby's attempt to do a  "New Gods" at Marvel after his return from DC. The similaraties are just too freaking obvious.

Never read the Gaiman miniseries. just the Kirby original run from the 70's.

2 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Neil Gaiman run.

That's the only run I'm familiar with as well.  And it's supposedly the one they're leaning on the most for the movie.  And it makes sense, if you're trying to set up an entire group of enhanced beings who've been around in the MCU all this time but never got involved in any of it's goings on.  The Gaiman run would work quite well for that.

Edited by Horner

21 hours ago, JB33 said:

Thanos comes from an offshoot of the Eternals based on Titan.

All of the well-known Eternals (that will be used in the movie) are Earth-based and have really no connection to Thanos. So no need to mention him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, infamous5445 said:

Who exactly has been genderbent/changed from the characters casted so far? That's what I've been hearing and I don't know shit about the Eternals.

Neither do the people complaining.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Thomas Beck said:

All of the well-known Eternals (that will be used in the movie) are Earth-based and have really no connection to Thanos. So no need to mention him.

No is denying the connections between the Eternals and Thanos in the comcis. But there is no law obligating Marvel Studios to make a big thing about it in the movie.

I think it has been shown that Marvel Studios has no hesistation in making some pretty drastic changes from the comics when they think it will make a better movie.

4 hours ago, Thomas Beck said:

Thank you. This was the kind of knowledge I was inquiring about. That makes sense. I did know about the off shoot Eternals based on Titan (led by A'lars, Thanos' father) but what I didn't know is if there was a strong connection between them and the Earth based ones or not. I do hope Marvel Studios goes into the Titan direction though. One day....