ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

"And very soon. In a movie that we're shooting right now," Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige said during a Q&A at the New York Film Academy.

Asked by a fan whether there were any plans for more LGBT characters in Marvel's films, "specifically the T, trans characters", Kevin said: "Yes, absolutely. Yes."

I am assuming this is Eternals...?

41 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I am assuming this is Eternals...?

It’s misinformation. In the clip that started this nonsense, somebody asks about LGBTQ characters, Feige starts answering with “yes, in fact one filming right now” and the asker kind of quietly tacks on “specifically the T.” 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

It’s misinformation. In the clip that started this nonsense, somebody asks about LGBTQ characters, Feige starts answering with “yes, in fact one filming right now” and the asker kind of quietly tacks on “specifically the T.” 

Misinformation?  From Deadline?

shocked claude rains GIF

(They are now also reporting it: Deadline: Marvel's First Transgender Character On The Way Very Soon)

ANYWAY,

This is a good time to say that our "We Are DONE debating about homosexuality in this thread" ALSO now includes "We are DONE debating about homosexuality and trans/queer issues." 

If you want to discuss:

• Speculation on What Movie It Might Be
  • Speculation On What Character It Might Be From the Comics
  • Speculation on Who They Should Cast

That's fine.  

Anything else?  I still have Mjolnir.  

Went and rewatched to be sure, the T part part is actually not quite as deemphasized as I remembered. My judgement is still that he was answering the first part of the question about LGBT overall, but it’s 23:14 in this interview if you want to listen yourself: 

Also I recommend the whole interview.   

IF there is a T character in a very near MCU property, I think the best bet is something involving Loki/Lady Loki from the Loki show   
IF there’s one in a Phase 4 movie, my bet would be Sera in Thor: Love and Thunder   

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

I think the best bet is something involving Loki/Lady Loki from the Loki show

It's what we deserve.  That Loki: Agent of Asgard comic is so good.  

5 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Went and rewatched to be sure, the T part part is actually not quite as deemphasized as I remembered. My judgement is still that he was answering the first part of the question about LGBT overall, but it’s 23:14 in this interview if you want to listen yourself: 

Also I recommend the whole interview.   

IF there is a T character in a very near MCU property, I think the best bet is something involving Loki/Lady Loki from the Loki show   
IF there’s one in a Phase 4 movie, my bet would be Sera in Thor: Love and Thunder   

You got this lol

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

You got this lol

Yeah, I mean it was pretty obvious to anyone who took like 10 seconds to watch the clip imo. Shameful example of low journalistic standards spreading misinformation.

• Like 6

tbh I wasn't too familiar with them as opposed to DC's New gods but they do seem interesting. Kind of think Inhumasn(yea I know tv side botched it ) would have been better but they do have the mutants back now so I guess going more weirder is a good idea.

Maybe they could tie in Eternal sot X-men eventually..

12 hours ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

Gonna have to do some reading up...they appeared sporadically in the Thor comics, so I know a tiny bit about them. Servants of the Celestials? 

Created by the Celestials, but i don't know if they actually serve them or not. Celestials only come to earth once in thousands (or hundreds of thousands) of years. Only been 3 times till now I think. So the Eternals are mostly on their own. When the Celestials do come, the Eternals try to help humanity as well as assist the Celestials. Helping humans is what earned them the title of space gods by some.

31 minutes ago, jking123 said:

tbh I wasn't too familiar with them as opposed to DC's New gods but they do seem interesting. Kind of think Inhumasn(yea I know tv side botched it ) would have been better but they do have the mutants back now so I guess going more weirder is a good idea.

The Celestials created both the Eternals and the Mutant gene (and hence the mutants themselves). This movie, if it is exploring Celestials, would be a good way to introduce the idea of mutant gene and mutants. 

• Like 1

This is what happened in marvel universe : (for people not aware with history) 

Celestials created Eternals and Deviants. 

Eternals are perfect race of humanoid being with different and same set of powers. 

Deviants are deformed being and completely opposite of Eternals. 

If Eternals are God then Deviants are Devil

Celestials also visited Earth and they planted a genetic code in early Homosapiens which is now known in Marvel Universe as X-Gene. 

X-gene what gives Mutants there power bringing us step closer to Eternals. 

• Like 2

Sersi , the main lead of the movie, loves human. She has lead the Avengers team many times in Comics. 

Sersi is the most Important character from Eternals comics. 

All other characters have very little importance in Marvel Universe. It's going to be very interesting how Marvel make them Important in MCU. 

Edited by Madhuvan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

Now coming to Thanos :

Thanos is an Eternal but with Deviant Gene. His back story is very tragic. 

Everyone in the family hated him from beginning. He was different from other Eternals. 

Was just going to mention Thanos being an Eternal-Deviant hybrid. Maybe Thanos doesn't get mentioned in the first movie but, assuming there will be sequels, I hope the story finds it's way to a Thanos connection. His back story is fascinating.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jking123 said:

Inhumans suck lol. There is a weird caste system, the lead couple are cousins married to each other (in the comics, the husband's brother pervs on his sister-in-law too), there is trading of teenage girls for marriage in order to secure strategic alliances. It's basically all the uncomfortable bits of Game of Thrones without the interesting mythology or character depth. Haven't seen the flop show but assuming most of these elements were removed, in which case it must have just been generic af.

I agree with the idea that the Eternals are being used to introduce the mutants into the MCU. 

Which brings up a fascinating situation where the MCU would have used up most of their non-mutant heroes except for Fantastic Four before the mutants arrive. So will the future of the MCU (Phase 6 onwards?) be as mutant-dominated as the comics in the 80s, 90s and early 00s?

Edited by Spidey Freak