ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

On 5/18/2018 at 11:47 AM, MCKillswitch123 said:

@4815162342 The Human Reaper from ME2 is getting its own origin story by Marvel. Nice.

On a serious note, this is certainly a off-the-walls concept, but if done right, it could have a pretty epic cosmic scope that'd play well with audiences. It could also do Ant-Man/Thor numbers tops. Who knows.

I wouldn't be surprised if they lock down Taika Waititi for this. After Thor: Ragnarok, there's no way they don't want him back. (I'm saying this but I'm not a huge fan of that movie, but it's kinda obvious a lot of people were and it was BY FAR the most successful and well liked Thor movie.)

I just put Ragnarok into the 3D Blu to watch it again, and it still holds up well as a top 5 MCU film 😊.

-Thor vs Surtur and his army in Muspelhiem

-Thor meets Doctor Strange at the Sanctum 😂

-Thor & Loki vs Hela while hurtling through the bi-frost at lightspeed, one of the coolest action scenes in the MCU

-Hela ANNIHILATING the entire Asgardian army

-Valkyrie taking out the scavengers, to capture Thor

-Goldblum's eccentric GrandMaster 😂

-the huge reanimated Fenris Wolf approaches Hela like an adorable puppy 😂

-Korg and Miek

-Thor vs Hulk in the arena

-Hulk helps Thor distract Valkyrie

-Valkyrie forms the "Revengers" with Thor and Bruce Banner 😂

-Loki attempts to betray Thor again, but is outsmarted

-Banner jumps off the ship to transform into Hulk to battle Fenris, but crashes to the Rainbow Bridge with a thud 😂. Fenis takes a sniff at the lifeless Banner, and keeps running towards Heimdall.

-Loki arrives to Asgard in a huge ship with Korg, Miek, and other former Grandmaster prisoners, for a huge fight with Hela's undead army. 

-Thor vs Hela

-Fenris Wolf is about to maul Heimdall, when there's a tug on its tail from behind 😂. Banner had finally transformed back into Hulk!

-Skurge The Executioner doing the double rifle fire from the comics 😂

-HUGE CGI giant Surtur swinging his twilight sword out of the 3D picture 😂. I had been complaining about Marvel either avoiding Thor's epic gigantic foes, or downgrading them to smaller, costumed actors. I even expected a 9-foot tall Sutur here, like the Frost MIDGETS of the 2011 film, not the firey titan from the comics. So I 😲 at the big CGI Surtur at the beginning of the movie, and the giant one at the end! Marvel had been very frugal with this in the Thor franchise. Fenris too! It wasnt a normal sized dog or a practical costume, to be cheap? It was a monster that dwarfed Hulk! 

With the quirky humor of Waititi, and Marvel finally getting around to bringing Thor's massive foes to life with cutting edge CGI movie technology, I feel that they had finally got a Thor solo movie right (With the huge Leviathans, the first Avengers movie put Thor in the right situation too).

A little concerned about "Love and Thunder", to be honest...I just got a feeling...this is gonna be some feminist/SJW propaganda stunt, and Thor will be portrayed as weak and useless for most of the movie. The only reason they probably got Portman back on board was to be the primary protagonist as the female Thor. I hope I'm wrong...I trust Waititi...

Edited by OdinSon2k14

On 2/15/2020 at 10:56 AM, Madhuvan said:

Not happy with Marvel for casting Kit Harrington as lead whwn Richard Madden is better than him. 

Richard Madden is robbed. I wanted to see him as lead. Harrington can't act. 

Angela Jolie, Richard Madden, Lauren, Salma Hayek are sacrificed for Harrington. Wtf🙄

On 2/15/2020 at 11:40 AM, Madhuvan said:

Marvel always sacrifice good actors in side role and one off. 

It was good while it lasted but they have to move on from that. I am a big Marvel fanboy but this is not acceptable anymore. 

Angelina Jolie, Richard Madden Kumail and Salma Hayek deserve better. 

Last year they did the same with most of the cast of Captain Marvel. 

On 2/15/2020 at 11:46 AM, Madhuvan said:

Kit Harrington is the weakest actor in this cast and that says a lot. 

All the actors are better than him. 

I wouldn't be surprised if even Lia( Sprite actor) is better than him. 

Very excited for this movie but Kit Harrington as lead is just bland. 

On 2/15/2020 at 12:05 PM, Madhuvan said:

I am not worrying about Madden. I know he is going to be huge. 

I am worried about the movie as whole. 

They had so many good actors to pick from and they chose Kit Harrington. 

Harrington career is alive only because of Game of Thrones and now Marvel. He hasn't done anything remarkable outside this. 

Why cast so many great actors in the movie if you want the least interesting as lead?

Ok but how do you feel about Kit Harrington?

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

I think Kit gets a lot of unnecessary hate as an actor. He’s been pretty good in roles outside of Thrones and I know he wasn’t close to being a standout in the last season, but it’s really not an exaggeration to say he was working with an awful script.

I personally still think the actual eternals will get more screen time. The film spans thousands of years and there’s been no indication that the Black Knight is a thing yet, so he will probably only be in the present day scenes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Why? it has 19 days to make money which is more than enough. The movie that's totlaly fucked is Godzilla vs Kong cause Bond is coming out 5 days later. 

If a lot of OS markets open on the Nov 12th date (since No Time to Die was also supposed to release in many OS markets on the same date as the original UK release date), its gonna affect The Eternals. But yeah, GvK is gonna have a larger impact domestically.

Edited by lorddemaxus

7 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

If a lot of OS markets open on the Nov 12th date (since No Time to Die was also supposed to release in many OS markets on the same date as the original UK release date), its gonna affect The Eternals. But yeah, GvK is gonna have a larger impact domestically.

But Eternals will also release in many overseas market one week before as is the tradition with November MCU release. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

But Eternals will also release in many overseas market one week before as is the tradition with November MCU release. 

They haven't done the week early thing in two years. I doubt they were going to do it for this movie. This might give them incentive to do it now though.

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

against Timmy and Ansolo? Why? 

They’d move WSS. And because it’s a much more lucrative release date than early Nov. The 2020 calendar configuration gets you Christmas Fri and New Years Fri, just like TFA got in 2015. It’s a spectacular date for a huge moneymaker and there currently aren’t any scheduled.

• Like 2