ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

5 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

I really hope this come out on the date, considering everything we heard this could be a serious contender for awards next year.

SH movies make so much money for Hollywood, it's a nigh time one wins Picture. That said, BP couldn't wring AMPAS arm and not for the lack of trying, so I don't know if Eternals can. Nomination is possible, though Dune will be a massive rival for the sci fi/fantasy/blockbuster spot.  And speaking of the devil, didn't Dune get a similar "masterpiece, wow, we are in disbelief" reaction from a test screening just 2-3 months ago? 

That said, Zhao is the real deal, and Stark&Snow are rumored to be the MVPs (in particular Snow) so looks like Chalamet&co have something to worry about. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

SH movies make so much money for Hollywood, it's a nigh time one wins Picture. That said, BP couldn't wring AMPAS arm and not for the lack of trying, so I don't know if Eternals can. Nomination is possible, though Dune will be a massive rival for the sci fi/fantasy/blockbuster spot.  And speaking of the devil, didn't Dune get a similar "masterpiece, wow, we are in disbelief" reaction from a test screening just 2-3 months ago? 

That said, Zhao is the real deal, and Stark&Snow are rumored to be the MVPs (in particular Snow) so looks like Chalamet&co have something to worry about. 

Yes, Dune also have similar reactions. Villeneuve himself called Dune the best movie he ever made to argued that it need to play in theaters.

I can see both getting nominations next year if they're both succeed (Eternals is pretty much guaranteed, let's see Dune). Would be great to see two big scifi movies being recognized at the same time.

Edited by ThomasNicole

22 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yes, Dune also have similar reactions. Villeneuve himself called Dune the best movie he ever made to argued that it need to play in theaters.

I can see both getting nominations next year if they're both succeed (Eternals is pretty much guaranteed, let's see Dune). Would be great to see two big scifi movies being recognized at the same time.

:bravo:🙏

I'm all for more sci fi/SH/fantasy/horror/action representation in the Best Picture. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

He works for The Hollywood Reporter... looks like everyone who know something about this movie believe it will be huge for Marvel

Either they all making this up .

or Disney is spreading this for a subtle campaign of nomadland

or Eternals is going to be absolute fire.

I am going with something between 1 &3.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maggie said:

If BW really release in May , maybe an Eternals trailer then?

At least.  If I were Feige, I'd get a teaser out by Oscars-broadcast -- just something to capitalize off of Zhao's emerging critical status, and very likely further Oscar wins.