ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

I didn't think this would happen on Earth so much, I thought we would have a movie mostly away from Earth. Not sure how I feel about that, especially with the obvious "but what were they doing during ENDGAME?" question that will be on everyone's minds and that better be answered.

That being said, I am definitely intrigued, this should be quite the experience in THEATERS (can't wait to go, I am getting my vaccine in 2 days)

Edited by Daxtreme

Why can't people understand the simple dialogue. "They didn't interfere until now" and let humanity run its course on things.

Am quite certain them involving themselves has probably nothing to do with Thanos dusting half the universe. If it did, they would be there in Battle of Earth. There will be something else, and we will get to know that in Nov or may be in trailer.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

On other hand of spectrum. I see some fans think this will be something of awards smasher. Like why?

Having a Oscar winning director doesn't mean her every film will be awards bait.

This is just certain Marvel fans (NOT ALL, keep your shirt on folks) trying to force a narrative this is gonna be some awards darling contender so they can justify liking their children's superhero movies. I had a friend from high school explaining in passionate detail why Guardians of the Galaxy should get a Best Picture nomination and it was like...dude.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

On other hand of spectrum. I see some fans think this will be something of awards smasher. Like why?

Having a Oscar winning director doesn't mean her every film will be awards bait.

Probably because of the infos from insiders (including from Awards Watch), statements from Feige and the dates they choose to drop it.

For example this finish shooting way before Shang Chi, and still they put Shang first and let Eternals in november which usually are the period where award movies get released to get a good campaign and the right timing.

They choose November 2020, than February 2021 (in time for pandemic Oscars), and then November 2021 again putting Shang Chi before it for no clear reason.

This doesn't mean it will sweep everything like some loud fans are acting, but seeing the trailer alone it does look like their best shot in getting a BP nomination in years, especially because next year it will have 10 movies in the category. Having a critical / award darling directing and writing it only helps.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 1

After harping on those snippets we got from Feige's presentation, glimpses that looked rather flat from a photography standpoint...I gotta admit this trailer is something else.

Far and away better visually than anything Marvel has given us so far. You can really tell the difference here, so thank God for Chloe Zhao putting her foot down when it came to practical locations and more limited CGI. This looks pretty stunning. 

As far as the "where have they been?" question. The movie will obviously explain further. Just fucking wait and stop being an impatient child. 

4 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Why can't people understand the simple dialogue. "They didn't interfere until now" and let humanity run its course on things.

Am quite certain them involving themselves has probably nothing to do with Thanos dusting half the universe. If it did, they would be there in Battle of Earth. There will be something else, and we will get to know that in Nov or may be in trailer.

And the final scene in the teaser shows us that the Eternals are indeed directly in-tune with recent happenings in the Marvel Universe.  Why is that unclear?  

Newsflash... the Eternals probably made mistakes, too.  If they were perfect, what's the interest?  Boring... 

3 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

Some of the reactions here are very telling of everybody's taste. If you don't like anything remotely un-popcorn movie, maybe grow up? 

So ironic posting this about a marvel movie. They're all popcorn movies, this won't be any different unless they want a dud 

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Ha 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

I guess fanboys pick and choose which studios they decide to forgive for interference lol

its not about forgiveness. MCU is shared universe. all the different directors with their style are appreciated but core structure should be coming from central figure, keeping all the films in line. otherwise it will be mess.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Having a multicultural cast and themes that seem to explore different cultures plus having a female director means a BP nom is likely already in the bag

Going by the trend of the Oscars, this movie certainly seems to tick all the right boxes.

Edited by Chicago

1 minute ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Ironically without the Avengers joke I wouldn't have been able to tell that it's tied with Marvel. 

Don't know anything about these guys but I got some Cloud Atlas vibes

Oh no don't say that