ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Ha 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

I guess fanboys pick and choose which studios they decide to forgive for interference lol

It’s not like interference is inherently good or bad. Some studios have a track record of “interference” leading to a good final product, some not so much. And that’s probably the most I should say on the topic lest we attract the gaze of Sauron 😛 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, The GOAT said:

Why are they all humanoids? Aren't they supposed to be Thanos's cousins or something? 

Thanos has the deviant gene.

This is his brother.

Starfox-Marvel-Movies-Mcu-Thanos-Brother

Edited by eddyxx

8 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

spider-man

Shang chi

eternals

Black Widow

If you’ve got Shang-Chi over this pretty sure that puts you in a substantial minority. Certainly Menor’s comment you were responding to meant Spider-man #1 and this above Shang-Chi/BW.

Edited by WandaLegion

33 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

If you’ve got Shang-Chi over this pretty sure that puts you in a substantial minority. Certainly Menor’s comment you were responding to meant Spider-man #1 and this above Shang-Chi/BW.

Well i wouldn't be surprised of Shang-chi obliterated the chinese box office putting it in the lead

2 minutes ago, Chicago said:

Well i wouldn't be surprised of Shang-chi obliterated the chinese box office putting it in the lead

I... would be.   

I mean that’s what I hoped for in 2019, but now that we know more it seems targeted toward Chinese Americans and not especially well suited to actual Chinese.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

BW and Spidey are more more popular 

True though more popular didn't stop some less popular IPs from demolishing more popular ones. BP and CM demolished SM maybe because too many different SM movies were made and some fatigue set in. Also, Superman is an icon and GOTG were literal who's but GOTG movie made more than MoS. So it's really relative. I think that audience really dug the wacky 80s music, bright colors and cuteness of Rocket and Groot when they saw GOTG trailers. 

Finally sat down and watched the trailer yesterday. As a big Marvel fan I'm used to taking a wait and see approach. 

I thought when they announced GotG that they were overreaching too early. 

As much as comic reader me likes Ant-Man, I thought that might be too tough a sell.

Then came the Eternals announcement. Comic reader me has a deficit with these characters. So how they fit into things or could be made to is one I leave up to Kevin Feige. 

When the first trailers for GotG and Ant-Man were released I got those "this is going to work vibe".

This is the first time I'm not getting that vibe on a Marvel films initial trailer. I got it in spades with Shang-Chi a few weeks back. Waiting on Black Widow has been torture. While the imagery and tone gave off some beautiful concepts it also felt flat, empty and void of real direction. I await a second and third trailer to impress me now. 

Could this film, number 25 in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, a decade and 1/2 of industry dominance, finally be the one the MCU haters have been hoping for? 

• Like 1

No way. It has a great release date, pretty much 2 weeks for itself until Tom Cruise but it's a question mark if Maverick will be big. 

Also, this was a teaser. Trailer is going to show more of the story and characters.

BTW, I was taking a crash course in Eternals comic books and how they tie in with Avengers, and the joke that ends the teaser makes totla sense. In comic book canon, a character that appears in the movie (not Ikaris) eventually joins the Avengers and even becomes the leader of the Avengers. So perhpas a bit of teasing in that regard?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Could this film, number 25 in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, a decade and 1/2 of industry dominance, finally be the one the MCU haters have been hoping for? 

Nah

Also it’s #26 😛