ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

I mentioned this before, but I would hail Feige as a God if he managed to turn Andrew Rannells into an action star.

Damn, whoever came up with that Rannells choice must be a real casting genius 🤔

Roid up Billy Eichner, he could be pretty cool. Definitely a lot more charismatic than Luke Evanzzzzz

Hell, maybe this could really be revolutionary and encourage younger actors to come out, since being a Marvel hero would offset any of the possible career disadvantages that could (unfortunately) have.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Sadly, it's not a long list. The link says they want someone in the 30-49 range so that pretty much limits it as far as "established" actors are concerned. Bomer, Luke Evans, or Zachary Quinto are the most obvious choices in that regard.

fortunately, that's a damn good short list. if they go with Luke, the movie may pick my interest. I think the premise is still dull as a dishwasher but I want L-Evans to succeed. After being the MVP of BatB, you'd think he'd be swarmed with big offers. Apparently not. :rant:

Just now, Valonqar said:

fortunately, that's a damn good short list. if they go with Luke, the movie may pick my interest. I think the premise is still dull as a dishwasher but I want L-Evans to succeed. After being the MVP of BatB, you'd think he'd be swarmed with big offers. Apparently not. :rant:

He's starring in that Roland Emmerich Midway movie coming out later this year. Whether that turns out well (especially given the director's recent output) remains to be seen.

19 minutes ago, filmlover said:

He's starring in that Roland Emmerich Midway movie coming out later this year. Whether that turns out well (especially given the director's recent output) remains to be seen.

I just googled it. Oh dear, it's like Dunkirk by the way of Emmerich, aka Pearl Harbor 2. :rofl:

On 3/3/2019 at 6:25 AM, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Look if a Marvel films chickens out over lesbian lovers (which has always been a million times more palatable and more "acceptable" for homophobes and pearl-clutching Christian moms everywhere), there is no way that they suddenly become "brave" over gay men. Gay men are simply not comparable to girl-on-girl, because for the longest time, lesbianism (especially the trope of the lipstick lesbians) has always been perceived as 'hot,' while even men kissing chastely on the cheek is still perceived as disgusting and horrible. It is sad but true.

Is it? People often say that but how many lesbian lead or supporting characters can you remember in blockbusters?

This list is almost certainly incomplete, but in franchises they seem even rarer than gay characters:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_with_LGBT_characters

19 minutes ago, AJG said:

You guys know this film will never be made, right??

Unless Marvel has some secret project ready to start production right after Endgame, this is happening 100%. Disney wants more MCU movies, not fewer, and GOTG3 has been delayed due to Twitter.

On 3/5/2019 at 1:07 PM, DlAMONDZ said:

This isn't WB who hires writers for movies that'll never see the light of day

This is most definitely happening

I of course believe this is going to production but just wanted to point out Marvel had a screen writer for a Runaways film once upon a time.

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

I of course believe this is going to production but just wanted to point out Marvel had a screen writer for a Runaways film once upon a time.

I don't think they've ever gone as far as having a director attached and never gone into production though (even if Edgar Wright left Ant-Man it was still made).

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 6:56 AM, filmlover said:

GIven Emmerich record with historical films, I don't hold out much hope.

I was not a big Eternals fan; Kirby was obviously trying to do another "New Gods" and IMHO, did not come anywhere near being as good  as The New Gods.

Still, Marvel Studios have made good movies out of some unlikely material so I will give them a chance with this.

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:32 AM, AJG said:

You guys know this film will never be made, right??

I think Marvel Studios is a bit too far down the production path for a cancellation.

When a studio announces a definent date for filming to begin, the chances of a film being cancelled go down quite a bit.