ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

Never bet against Marvel but this looks completely uninteresting, like a cross between Percy Jackson and X Men and without wacky characters that made GOTG stand out.  

On the bright side, they hired a woman to direct a movie that isn't explicitly led by a female and she's Asian although characters aren't specified as such. It's time to give women and minorities to direct variety of movies, not just have them wait for gender/gender or race/race match up. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Chewy said:

This happening before Guardians 3 now?

Storywise, there's really no rush for GOTG Vol 3 in my opinion.  Vol 2 ends on a lovely note, and then *gestures to AIW* you know, that... happened.  I would much rather have them fast-track the Eternals/Celestials mythos, and lay the foundation as Galactus as the Next Big Bad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Didn't Grant Morrison or someone make the Eternals' millennia old experimentation on humans the reason why mutants came to exist in the Marvel Universe? I see what you doing here, Feige.

What if..... this isn't even an Eternals movie. What if they're really making an X-Men movie, and this is just a cover story to throw everyone off. They're going to cast for a large group of lead characters with superpowers, but surprise, just not the ones you thought they were going to be!

Okay, complete BS on my part, but wouldn't that be a cool twist?

23 minutes ago, AJG said:

Thats literally how they were created. New God’s got cancelled and Kirby went back to Marvel and made this.

And when Kirby left Marvel in 1970, a major reason was because Marvel was not interested in "The New Gods".

Kirby's bitterness at Marvel showed up in Mr. Miracle 7, with the character of "Funky FLashman" a pretty viscous parody of Stan Lee.

DC's  main interest in luring Kirby away from Marvel was not so much in adding Kirby to their stable, but in taking him away from Marvel. DC management was convinced Marvel would fall apart when Kirby left. It did not happen;by that time Marvel had built a strong enough bullpen of artists and a huge enough following that they survived.

Jack Kirby, IMHO, was the greatest single artist the comic book industry has ever seen,but DC miscalculated in thinking Marvel could not survive without him.

2 minutes ago, jking123 said:

Werent New gods created because Marvel wouldn't let him kill off the norse pantheon?

There are varying stories about that,,like there are about everything connected with the 1970 Kirby/Marvel divorce.. COnsenus is that Kirby knew Marvel would not let him kill of THor, one of their most  popular charecters, but hoped to have Marvel let him do The New Gods outside the regular Marvel Universe. Marvel refused.

But Kirby might have had the last laugh:If you look closely at the artwork of the last battle of the old Gods that opens the first issue of "The New Gods" you will see. on the ground, Thor's helmet.

Of that is nothing compared to Kirby venting his anger at Marvel with his creation of "Funky FLashman" in "Mr.Miracle".

• Like 1

I would not be surprised if Dr.Strange shows up in a short role here. Seems right up his alley.

Sersi is a good choice for the main Eternal in the story. Her emotions and feelings are much more "human" then some of the others.

And

Spoiler

If Captain America survives Avengers 4 they could do  Sersi getting hots for Cap....

Edited by dudalb

"... as a self-described “wild child” in Nineties Beijing, she had no access to classic films or any kind of indie or arthouse cinema. The first movie she ever saw, she says, was True Lies."

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-features/wild-horses-how-the-rider-became-the-breakout-movie-of-2018-629297/

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

Storywise, there's really no rush for GOTG Vol 3 in my opinion.  Vol 2 ends on a lovely note, and then *gestures to AIW* you know, that... happened.  I would much rather have them fast-track the Eternals/Celestials mythos, and lay the foundation as Galactus as the Next Big Bad.

Things I know about the eternals:

-apparently the main character is a woman? Or the main character of this adaptation at least, based on what's been written about it

-space stuff!

end list

Let's get weird, Kevin

• Like 1

We know next to nothing about this and yet it already feels like they're gonna knock it out of the park.

When will Kevin Feige's invincible streak reach an end?

I say when he quits because of some stupid Disney decision that is sure to come one day, eventually. You can always count on corporate greed to fuck things up, whether it takes 1 or 10 years they will fuck this up at some point.