ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

28 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

What a stunning cast of talent.

My man Ma Dong-Seok :wub: (not sure why his English name is Don Lee, a different surname but ok lol) 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

Has any star in history maintained being an A-List actor without being in a single actively indisputably good movie than Angelina Jolie?

25 year career, 20 of it as an A-list actor. Plenty of Ok movies, but no actual good ones. 

Heck, the closest is Kung Fu Panda in which she has, like, 5 lines. The next is Girl, Interrupted which is essentially a made-for-tv movie with above-average writing.

Anyway, Eternals remains a little ambiguous for me, but Marvel has more than earned the right to the benefit of the doubt. 

I argue Girl Interrupted, A Mighty Heart and Changeling are all good movies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ban1o said:

Don lee was my favourite character in Train to Busan so happy with his casting. I didn’t know he could speak English. It’s interesting that they cast older actors in this. 

He’s actually Korean American so that explains the English.

His character in Train to Busan was basically a hero without capes. So fitting he finally plays a role in a SH movie. Hope Marvel will make use of his martial arts background in this movie. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Frozen said:

Another Russo cameo!

Yeah I honestly doubt it's a major character.  Even with Thor 4 I doubt they will go into Valkyrie's sexuality that much. To be fair though most Marvel romances are pretty chaste to begin with but Disney is aways hyping LGBT rep in their movies with barely anything to show for it. 

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

No idea what the deal is with this but i guess predicting doctor strange numbers is a decent bet until we see some marketing.

The X-Factor will be if there is any Thanos connection, even if small. If this thing is marketed as an entirely new section of the MCU, but with very relevant ties to what the audience already knows, the potential is much bigger. Thanos is practically the Darth Vader of this generation. I find it hard to believe this won't connect to him, given it centres around the Eternals and the Deviants, of which Thanos is half and half.

40 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

No idea what the deal is with this but i guess predicting doctor strange numbers is a decent bet until we see some marketing.

Doctor Strange numbers for a property this obscure would be an incredible success. Eternals are pretty niche even to regular comic readers, never mind GA.