ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

9 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

This movie is absolutely impressive, i have the chance to see the trailer at CCXP and indeed is very different from the MCU.

The tone is very epic and serious, felt like LOTR in a way. The cinematography is mesmerizing, clearly it’s not the digital shit MCU is using for years, almost seems like a Nolan movie in some acenes. Also the use of real sets make difference, everything felt real in the footage.

I’m very excited to see the whole thing, it’s really great to see they’re actually trying something new and risky, especially with a director like Chloe Zhao, one of the best MCU ever have.

I ran out of likes:ohmygod:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

It is not new to have 7 series a year. See how many Dc series are on TV.

Those shows are low budget with a ridiculously fast turnaround (and it shows), like an episode is filmed and 2-3 months later it's airing on CW. These MCU D+ shows all seem to have a year or so of post-production planned, even with far fewer episodes.

Edited by Ithil

9 minutes ago, Ithil said:

Those shows are low budget with a ridiculously fast turnaround (and it shows), like an episode is filmed and 2-3 months later it's airing on CW.

It's called network TV, and the budget isn't low.

9 minutes ago, Ithil said:

These MCU D+ shows all seem to have a year or so of post-production planned, even with far fewer episodes.

That's cable/streaming. DC has some of those, and so did Marvel (NetflixMCUverse).

Edited by MrGlass2

15 minutes ago, Ithil said:

Those shows are low budget with a ridiculously fast turnaround (and it shows), like an episode is filmed and 2-3 months later it's airing on CW. These MCU D+ shows all seem to have a year or so of post-production planned, even with far fewer episodes.

Idk how having fewer episodes will somehow make it harder to follow than the CW doing literally a hundred epsiodes a year.

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

It's called network TV, and the budget isn't low.

That's cable/streaming. DC has some of those, and so did Marvel (NetflixMCUverse).

The budget for those CW shows is very low.

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Idk how having fewer episodes will somehow make it harder to follow than the CW doing literally a hundred epsiodes a year.

I don't know where you got this from in my post.

8 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

might slot nicely into Dec 2020.

With any luck, Mandalorian season 2 will air in December 2020, so Disney+ won't need any MCU shows for those 8 weeks.

And yes, 2020 is looking a little light on the MCU front for Disney+, but that's fine. They really need to ramp things up starting in Nov 2020 though, because that's when people who signed up for a year of D+ will need to renew. So thats probably when we'll start seeing shows like Mandalorian season 2, WandaVision, Cassian Andor, Loki, Kenobi, etc all start to air back to back to back, so there will be tons of new Star Wars and MCU content to keep fans watching.

1 minute ago, kitik said:

As for Eternals, when should we expect a trailer? Not for another 4 months or so?

Hard to say. We got the first trailer for Frozen 2 in February of this year, but the last MCU movie released in November (Thor: Ragnarok) we got the trailer in April of that year. 

So basically....

February 1st - April 30th? Lol.

3 minutes ago, kitik said:

As for Eternals, when should we expect a trailer? Not for another 4 months or so?

I'm thinking mid-April. That's when the first trailers for Doctor Strange and Thor: Ragnarok dropped. 

Depends, though. If Marvel intends for this to be an even bigger event than we think it might be earlier. But mid-April is my guess as of now.

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

If Marvel intends for this to be an even bigger event than we think it might be earlier. 

As has been pointed out by lots of folks on this board, 2020 is looking somewhat devoid of huge event movies, at least relative to this year, so there's a chance that end-of-year movies like Eternals and Dune could generate discussion and interest all year long.

11 minutes ago, Menor said:

I am tempted to make a really crazy club for this WW, though not sure how bold I wanna go.

Black Panther made the WW top 9, so if you don’t at least shoot for that it’s basically spineless ;) 

• Haha 1